This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I am a complete hopeless romantic. I love love! Staying in on a saturday night crying over how the guy in the movie finally realized the girl for him was his nerdy best friend, yup I was here for all of that. Due to Valentines Day coming just around the corner, I decided to make a list of my favorite romance movies, and don’t worry I have diversified the list for my black and white readers. 

TOP SAPPY WHITE ROMANCE CLASSICS THAT I LOVE!

1. Okay so this is one of my favorite teen romance movies probably of all time. It’s very predictable following the typical Cinderella plot but it has Chad Michael Murray who is definitely dreamy. Hilarry Duff is great in it and the romance is just emotional and a tear jerker! The stepmother and the stepsisters also add a comedic aspect to the movie and will have you cracking up throughout the movie. 

1. AS IF!!! This is a classic. Not only are the clothes amazing but the movie is hilarious and will have you remembering quotes from the movie for the rest of your life. Cher the main character is extremely funny and will have you rooting for her throughout the whole film. Even though it’s a little weird she ends up with her  ex step brother in the end, still a classic romance movie. 

1. This is very recent but I probably have watched it about a thousand times since it was released. This follows a girl who wrote letters to her crushes to her growing up and then one day all the letters get mailed out causing a big mess that she tries to clean up by pretending to date one of the boys. Definitely recommend since the second one is coming out February 12th on netflix!!! This is a movie you could watch with your best friends or your little boo thang, you choose!

MY TOP BLACK ROMANCE MOVIES!

1. This is a movie that every young black person should watch, especially with your boo!! It gives you perspective on what the other gender is thinking and why your boyfriend/or girlfriend is doing or thinking the things that they do. This movie will have you laughing in every scene but it also has a great cast such as: Gabrille Union, Kevin Hart, Michael Ealy, Tariji P. Henson, Regina Hall, and more! 

1. This movie is definitely a tear jerker so have your tissue box near! A lot of scenes will have you laughing so hard that your stomach hurts.It follows the lives of old college friends reuniting for two of their friends getting married and of course drama ensues. It has a lot of favorites such as Taye Diggs, Nia Long, and Terrance Howard. I would recommend watching this with your boo snuggled up under the cover because this movie will leave you happy to be with your significant other. 

1. Last but not least, this is a true classic. I feel sappy just thinking about it. This follows two amazing basketball players who learn to love the game but also how to love each other. I definitely recommend watching with your boo or even your friends. This movie will have you wanting to go dribble a ball after watching, trust me!

Those are my top romance movies that everyone should watch the week of valentines day, they will have you crying happy tears and leave you wanting to hit up that fling that you left on read :)

Kennedy Buck

Hampton U '22

Hello My name is Kennedy Buck and I am a Senior Journalism major and political science minor at the Illustrious Hampton University. I am so happy to be apart of Her Campus and so excited to see everything it has to offer. I love to read, write, and any form of public speaking.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!