The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Happy Spooky season! What a festive way to welcome the chilling breeze and orange leaves. I don’t know about you guys, but I do love the season of pumpkin spice and apple cinnamon scents. Halloween is the time of year when ghouls, ghosts, and goblins come out to play. It’s a season filled with eerie excitement and sweet treats. And let’s not forget the excitement of choosing the perfect costume, and planning Halloween parties. Halloween offers a unique opportunity for people of all ages to tap into their playful, creative sides. It’s a chance to be a little wild, a little spooky, and a lot of fun.

Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or looking for ways to enjoy the spookiest day of the year, here are 5 costumes that are fun, funky, and creative.

First up we have Jessica Rabbit: Jessica Rabbit is a fictional character from the 1988 live-action/animated film “Who Framed Roger Rabbit.” She is fun and funky. Put on a red dress, red wig, red lips, purple eyeshadow, and some purple gloves and you’re ready to find who framed Roger.

Scarecrow: This costume is always fun and there are so many ways to make it your own while making it cute or spooky. grab some overalls, a straw hat, and some fake hay, and create a stitched nose with some black liner. From there you can add fake blood to spook it up or add blush on your nose and cheeks for cuteness overload.

Genie: Coming up next is a genie, and I don’t mean Aladdin genie. For this youll need a flowy 2 piece set, a lot of bangles. With costume jewlery and makeup with enhance the look. My recommended hairstyle is high pony or half up half down and put a bangle over where the hairtie is. Next put on alot of bangles and dark liner in the water line of your eyes. Now you’re ready to grant three wishes.

70s Disco Girl: this one we taking it back old school. With this all you need is some bell bottoms, a nice brightly colored crop top, a cute scarf to wrap around your hair, hoop earrings, and platformed boots. Now you ready to Disco!!

Last but certainly not least, we have miss Cruella Devil she is definitely a fashion icon. To channel our inner Cruella all you need is an all black dress our romper, red long gloves, faux fur (because we are still animal friendly), for the hair I reccommend getting a party wig thats black and spraying gray hair spray in one side for that split hair color, and lastly a bold red lip and long cigarette holder because you know shes a classy lady.

Whether you’re trick-or-treating, attending a costume party, or simply enjoying some spooky stories or movies. Embrace the spirit of the season, and may your Halloween be filled with thrills, chills, and endless delights!

Happy Halloween, I hope your day is filled with treats……….and tricks mwahaha

Haila Reed

Hampton U '24

hello, my name is Haila Renae Reed, and Communicative Sciences and Disorders major from Phoenix, Arizona, I attend Hampton University. I am an athlete, but my all-time favorite hobby is fashion styling and shopping and brain dumping