Three Theme Parks to Visit During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner and everyone is ready to let their hair down and finally take a much needed break from classes and the quarantine. For me personally, I have been yearning to take a break from school and add a little bit of adventure back into my life.

What better way to seek thrills and escape reality than visiting a theme park! Today we are going to talk about the top three amusement parks that you and your family/friends need to visit this upcoming Spring Break. 

Just a disclaimer, due to COVID-19 many of the theme parks have reduced their capacities and ensured certain precautions and safety measures for their guests. Before you plan your trip, be sure to check out the parks website for more COVID restriction updates.

Disney World

Orlando, Florida

Everyone knows that a list of “must visit” theme parks has to include the Most Magical Place in the World. Disney World is known for spreading magic across the globe, from its movies, shows, and of course theme parks ! Disney World offers over four parks, live shows, rides and an immersive downtown shopping experience like no other. You and your guest will be in awe of the beautiful scenery, characters and stunning rides. Disney has four immersive lands: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. Each land takes you into a certain aspect of Disney’s many franchises and provides you with the best experiences and food. If you love the Walt Disney Company then this theme park will make all your dreams come true!

Universal Studios

Orlando, Florida 

Universal Studios has to be one of the most stunning and mind-blowing theme parks I have ever visited. It is one of the most thrilling amusement parks in the United States; and is famously known for its movie-like attractions. Universal Studios is separated into three main parks but due to COVID-19 guidelines the only two parks available are: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. Both parks include over 53 rides, attractions, and shows. We have to talk about the recent addition of Harry Potter World, the theming and rides in that land are truly indescribable. Not to mention, the butter beer is delicious ! 

Six Flags Over Georgia 

Atlanta, Georgia 

Ranked as the #3 Six Flags amusement park in the country Six Flags Over Georgia is the place for those who love all things thrills and excitement. Six Flags Over Georgia includes over 25 attractions, shows, and water rides- that brings the whole family together. If you are looking for a more traditional and thrill seeking environment Six Flags is the place for you. You can’t beat the Atlanta atmosphere and weather either. The unique aspect about Six Flags is their family-oriented activities and theming. Many of the attractions accommodate all ages and members of your party allowing you to stay together and enjoy the vacation with each other.

I hope this helps you draw inspiration on your upcoming Spring Break trip- I guarantee that if you choose to attend one of these amazing parks you will make memories that will last a lifetime. 

Remember to stay safe, mask-up and most importantly… HAVE FUN ! 

Ciara White-Sparks is a Junior Broadcast Journalism major & Marketing minor from Las Vegas, Nevada. Her goal is to pursue a career in Entertainment as a Media Correspondent and TV Host. While working as a Public Relations Consultant. Ciara is involved in a plethora of organizations on campus. She has a podcast entitled, "Seriously Flawed but Destined to be Great." A virtual talk show, entitled "The Saturday Social," is now streaming on YouTube. Lastly, she has her non-profit movement entitled, “F.B.W. The Movement” which is dedicated to speaking purpose into girls the ages 13-18. She is a lover of all things beauty and pageantry and she hopes to be the next Miss USA in the year 2024.
Kiara Davis

Hampton U '21

Hello! My name is Kiara Davis, I am a junior strategic communications (PR) major, marketing minor from the land of 10,000 lakes, Saint Paul, Minnesota. I really love writing and have since I was young. I also really enjoy the performing arts which include dancing, singing, and musical theatre. Ever since I was young I have been apart of dance and musical programs. As for my goals in life, I would like to see myself working for an advertising agency, and eventually achieving my biggest career goal of becoming a business owner. My passion includes contributing to the change of the stereotypical view of African-American women in society. Black women are amazing in every aspect and I would like to help the entire world recognize that.