Thinx- The Revolutionary Period Panty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Periods suck, and they’re a nuisance when they catch you off guard and ruin your favorite pair of super cute panties. The company THINX is revolutionizing the way that we experience our periods and deal with period panties. The brand prides themselves on making “Period proof underwear that keeps you dry and #leakfree,” and they have tons of different styles, and colors to fit your style.

The company was founded in 2014 by three friends who were sick and tired of missing school, work, and other activities just because their periods caught them off guard. This is a problem experienced by millions of women worldwide, and Thinx has even started a foundation to help those in need. For more information about their foundation and how you can get involved, visit thinx.org.

So how exactly do they work? Well, THINX panties are made up of four layers of material, each with its own purpose and function that help keep you “dry and fly.” The top layer of material is antimicrobial, and helps to fight bacteria, while absorbing any liquid into the thin layer of material behind it. THINX prides themselves on the fact that they don’t feel like diapers, and they are also reusable! Just rinse them immediately after use, wash them with cold water in the washing machine, and they’re as good as new. So basically, these panties will replace your pad and tampon purchases, making them a thing of the past.

They have 6 different types of styles to choose from, each with a different added benefit than the other. The styles are: hip huggers, hi-waisted, boyshort, sport, cheeky, and thong. Each style has their own cute little description to help you determine what days you could wear each style:

They even offer a free, 60-day trial of the panties with and guarantee a refund if you don’t like them. They’ve gotten some great, honest reviews lately and their customer service representatives are very friendly and helpful. All of their panties are made of cotton, which is a breathable material that helps protect your vagina from infections and other bacteria.

Their panties can be a bit pricey however; for example, their thong period panty is $24.00 for just one pair. On the bright side, they do offer specials called “Cycle-Set Kits” where you can pick 3, 5, or 7 or more pairs of underwear to buy at a discounted price.

In addition to underwear, THINX also sells active wear, leotards, unitards, organic tampons, and other THINX apparel. They even have a referral program set up to where you get $10 every time your friend purchases something from THINX.

THINX is reshaping the way that women experience periods, and has revolutionized the way that we see period panties and the use of tampons, pads, etc. The reviews on the panties seem very promising, so if you’re going to try these go for it! Have a happy period :)

Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.