Farnsworth Fireplace TV Stand?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Farnsworth Fireplace TV Stand?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Walmart

The Best Shows to Binge This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.
  1. YOU

Have you ever loved someone so much you would do anything to keep them? Well, the main character of the show ”YOU” features Joe, a guy that loves too hard. The guy that falls in love with a woman and will lie, manipulate, and do other malicious acts to keep her with him. The story starts with boy meets girl and boy takes a sinister and twisted love in order to be with her. When it does not work in his favor…well…you have to watch Season 1 and the upcoming season 2 to find out.

2. Blood and Water

Everyone has family drama, right? Well, take this one for a spin. Meet Puleng. A young teenager that has to be reminded every year on her birthday that her twin sister was kidnapped at birth. The plot thickens when on her 17th birthday she believes she has found her missing sister. She changes school in hope that it is her sister and that she can convince her that she belongs with her birth family. Wanna find the real truth? Check out seasons 1 and 2 to see what actually happened to Puleng’s twin sister in Blood and Water.

3. Insecure

As a young woman, did you ever feel insecure about your own life? Meet Issa. A post-graduate adult that is trying to figure out her own life through subjects such as sex and relationships, living arrangements, jobs, friendships and much more. As she navigates her life she goes through many problems that she must overcome. But that’s the point in life right? Without problems and lessons in life, how would we grow as human beings? Watch Issa and explore her funny yet insightful journey through her insecure lifestyle.

4. On My Block

The Kids are All Right, well are they really? Watch a group of friends, Monse, Ruby, Jamal, Jasmine and Cesar all navigate high school while going through growing pains and having to deal with the neighborhood gangs. Imagine in your high school years and having to worry about more than just getting good grades and hanging out with friends. This friend group has to worry about possibly not surviving high school because of gang members stirring up trouble in their neighborhood! Watch these five friends navigate their young adolescent years.

Alexis Golston

Hampton U '22

Hey y’all!! My name is Alexis Golston and I am a business management major from Brooklyn, New York.