This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Singer, songwriter, actress, fashion connoisseur, mother– Teyana Taylor continually raises the bar for Black women across the world for her intriguing creativity and willingness to think outside the box.

After announcing the official dates for her farewell tour, “The Last Rose Petal,” Taylor has made it a point to show gratitude to her fans and supporters.

“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard…. However, for every goodbye, God makes the next hello closer […],” Taylor expressed in her initial announcement post about the tour on September 22.

The tour plans to take place throughout the month of November in 12 different cities including Los Angeles, Houston, Detroit, and Atlanta. Tickets are already sold out for the majority of the cities, but some are still on sale and can be found here.

Teyana Taylor is known for her killer body, but her vocals are even deadlier. Hit tracks such as, “Gonna Love Me,” and “How You Want It? featuring King Combs,” both featured on “Teyana Taylor: The Album,” have landed her high rankings on Billboard’s Hot 100 and 162.8 million streams on Spotify for the year 2020.

Though this may be the end of her musical journey, it is the birth of a new era for the Taylor-Shumpert family. The couple announced their new reality tv series earlier this year called, “We Got Love Teyana & Iman,” on E! and has since garnered positive reviews on social media. The couple also welcomed a new baby girl named Rue back in September of 2020.

Back in January, Taylor also released a fashion collection through PrettyLittleThing which later landed her the role of Creative Director in the clothing store’s company. During her time in this role, she has released two additional collections and worked intensively on rising rap star, Latto’s, new collection as well.

Under the mentorship of the incomparable Spike Lee, the multi-hyphenate artist has been able to also step into the world of video production, directing music videos for artists such as Kehlani, Queen Naija, Schoolboy Q, and Lil’ Durk. Taylor also won the Hip-Hop BET Awards for Video Director of the Year in 2020.

The first show of the tour is set for November 7 in San Francisco.

Let’s hope that on this tour, Teyana Taylor finally receives her well-deserved flowers and can continue to thrive through other ventures.

Sherdell Baker

Hampton U '23

Sherdell Baker is an emerging trailblazer in the media industry. Along with her being President (Campus Correspondent) for Her Campus Hampton U, she also writes for her own lifestyle & advice blog and ESSENCE Girls United. Sherdell works to one day be the Editor-in-Chief of a major magazine publication or create her own magazine company and continue to share important stories after she graduates from Hampton University.