This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

SZA blessed the world on Christmas Day with the release of  her debut song “Good Days.” Everybody, male or female, in this country knows the tune and the voice of SZA as soon as the song comes on. “Good Days” is only SZA’s  second solo release of 2020 and it was her best release yet, following her hit song “Hit Different” featuring Ty Dolla Sign. At first, SZA was not going to release this song; she first tested the tune of the song at the end of her single “Hit Different.” The last two minutes of her single “Hit Different”were added at the beginning part of “Good Days”’ to see how the songs would flow together. SZA didn’t think people would, but everyone caught the snippet of “Good Days” at the end of “Hit Different” and begged her to release the song.

SZA is known for teasing music before actually dropping the whole song  to see how her fans react to the song. SZA’s fans and the rest of the world went crazy when she finally released “Good Days”. Her voice is so dreamy in the three minute song that you cannot help to run it back after listening to it for the first time, and then you find yourself having it on repeat for the entire day. SZA is known for being so blissful when making her music and truly perfecting her singles before releasing, and you can tell in her single “Good Days” that she took her time making the song and wanted to make sure it was perfect before releasing it.

The song has been trending on Apple Music, Spotify, Tik Tok, etc since she dropped it in December. “Good Days” really did numbers and boosted SZA’s career extremely. The single boosted her career because of how long it has been on top charts and how she gained so much recognition for her song. I have always been a fan of SZA but I realized I truly did not appreciate her as much as I should until I heard “Good Days.”

SZA posted on her Twitter after realizing what a hit the song was, saying “I’ve done all I can do. Fingers crossed next year SZA will be able to do all she wants to do, and more.” The artist is an inspiration for a lot of people in this world because of how beautiful her aura is. She is true to herself, her music, and who she wants to become. She is comfortable with herself and being on her own island when it comes to her music and her personal life. Her being so in touch with herself is what makes her a true icon and inspiration for many people across the world. If you have not heard “Good Days,” please for your own good go play the song right now, so you can truly be blessed by SZA’s beautiful voice.

LaRyn Claridy

Hampton U '23

Hi! My name is LaRyn Claridy I am second year at the illustrious Hampton University. I am a strategic communication major with an area of emphasis in law from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I enjoy making memories with my family and friends, exploring the latest fashion trends, and I enjoy connecting with other people in a social setting. I am so excited to be apart of Her Campus and I look forward to this next year and what it brings.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!