This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Fall is officially here, which means fall trends are in! It’s time for booties, knit scarves, and dark lip combos. However, we can’t forget about our nails, ladies! You must have the perfect nail color to complete all your fall looks. From the classic fall nude to a matte finish, check out these perfect nail colors for the upcoming sweater weather!

Wine/Burgundy

A deep burgundy or wine is a must have in your fall polish collection. Essie’s Bordeaux is not the traditional red, but has the perfect twist of richness. Two coats of this will definitely do the trick!

Grey

Grey polish will never go out of style. Specifically, charcoal grey is the most popular shade during the autumn season. China Glaze’s Recycle is a perfect color. This cream polish is a warm grey that isn’t too dark or too light but just right! Add a top coat and it’ll look even better.

Classic Nude

Nudes can be worn all year around but have definitely been on the come up! This pinkish nude will go with anything in your closet. It will look great paired with the trending squoval nail shape. 

Matte 

Throwing a matte top coat on one of your fall polishes can make a huge difference. Put this top coat over a grey or purple polish for an edgy, yet feminine finish. If you want a break from the typical shiny look, Essie’s Matte About You will give you smooth nails to match your favorite fall matte lipstick!

The In Between Green

There is definitely a need for green polish this fall. No, not just any green but I like to call it the “in between green.” Zoya’s Bevin is the perfect color. It’s not the bright green or the Christmas emerald green, but it’s right in between.

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.