Sugar, Spice, and Everything Nice: Recipes You Should Try This Fall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s fall! The season is filled with fellowship, fun, and amazing memories. One of my favorite things to do during the fall is cook and try new recipes. So, I wanted to share some amazing fall recipes to try and create this season. For this list I tried to incorporate dishes that used harvestables and flavors that define fall. So here are some recipes you should make this season!

Breakfast 

1. Apple Spiced Pancakes 

For breakfast, consider making these pancakes! This recipe from Delish includes instructions on how to make amazing homemade pancakes along with a delicious apple topping. The apple and cinnamon topping is so rich, you won’t even need syrup! This recipe incorporates the warm flavors of fall. 

Find the recipe here! Apple Pancakes 

1. Butter Pecan French Toast

Another delicious fall breakfast is French toast. Made by Stove Top Kisses, this recipe is an autumnal twist on classic French toast with a homemade syrup. This recipe includes items that can be found in your pantry and is simple to make.This recipe makes for a delicious morning treat for anyone!

Find the recipe here! Butter Pecan French Toast

Dinner

1. Balsamic Roasted Fall Vegetables with Sumac 

Fall is the time of year filled with the best harvestables. This recipe by Boulder Locavore takes fall harvestables and turns them into a delicious roast. This recipe will make the perfect side dish to your main course and is beginner friendly. This dish is colorful and incorporates the tasty flavors of sumac and balsamic vinegar. This recipe is perfect for those looking for a healthier dish but looking for a lot of flavor.

Find the recipe here! Balsamic Roasted Fall Vegetables with Sumac 

1. Quinoa Salad with Roasted Squash, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans

Who says salads have to be boring? This quinoa salad by Delish is filled with amazing flavors and packed with plenty of vitamins! The squash, cranberries, and feta bring a variety of flavor and adds to the overall appeal of the salad. This recipe makes for an excellent starter, side, or main dish. This is perfect for those looking for a lighter, but filling dish!

Find the recipe here! Quinoa Salad With Roasted Squash, Dried Cranberries, and Pecans

1. Dijon Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash

For those looking to wow your audience with an amazing dish, look no further than PureWow’s amazing Dijon-maple chicken. This dish also includes roasted Brussels sprouts along with butternut squash. The Dijon mustard and maple syrup add a tasty sweet and savory topping for all parts of the dish. This recipe takes less than an hour to make and is perfect for those who want a quick dinner!

Find the recipe here! Dijon-Maple Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash

1. Eggplant Parmesan 

Eggplant Parmesan is a classic recipe that is perfect for a fall dinner. This recipe by Cookie and Kate is a delicious take on the classic Italian recipe. Filled with amazing flavors, this recipe will be great for those wanting something rich. This recipe is lighter but still very filling. It’s also gluten free and vegetarian for those with dietary restrictions. Be sure to add eggplant Parmesan to your list of foods to make this season! 

Find the recipe here! Italian Eggplant Parmesan Recipe

1. Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta

For those who love pasta but are looking for something healthier. This recipe from Carl’s Bad Cravings includes the perfect amount of fall ingredients that make for a delicious sauce. Luckily, this sauce can go on whatever pasta you choose! Feel free to add some of your favorite vegetables and proteins for your own twist on this dish!

Find the recipe here! Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta

Desserts

1. Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

For a quick and easy dessert, whip up these Cinnamon Sugar Donuts! Made by The Novice Chef, this recipe uses pantry ingredients and takes less than 45 minutes to make. These donuts are soft and light and packed full of flavor. Cinnamon sugar is an amazing combination that will keep you coming back for more!

Find the recipe here! Cinnamon Sugar Donuts 

1. Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls

Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? This copycat Cinnabon recipe from Jo Cooks is delicious and tastes like the real deal! This recipe is made entirely from scratch and is inexpensive. Feel free to whip up this recipe for any time of day!

Find the recipe here! Cinnabons Cinnamon Rolls

1. Pecan Pie

Pecan pie is a classic fall treat. It is a staple in many households during the holiday season. This recipe by Grandbaby Cakes is beginner friendly and tasty. The pie is rich and flavorful and is a perfect treat for the season. This pie recipe will make a great addition to your holiday menu. Make this recipe and share it with your family and friends!

Find the recipe here! Southern Pecan Pie Recipe

1. Salted Caramel Mocha + Nutella Brownies

These brownies are packed with flavor and are perfect to kick off the fall season. Half Baked Harvest’s recipe is fantastic and features an amazing blend of flavors. These brownies are chocolatey with the perfect amount of saltiness. These brownies will be a great fall dessert!

Find the recipe here! Salted Caramel Mocha + Nutella Brownies 

Madison Davis is a senior, Psychology major, Communications minor from Memphis, TN. She enjoys traveling, cooking, and playing with her dogs, Pyper and Jamocha! She's honored to share her experiences through her writing with the HerCampus community. Feel free to visit her Instagram page @maddyecamille!
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!