This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

For many college students, spring semester is a very exciting and event-filled time. Spring semester includes events such as graduation, spring fest, spring break, and beach week. A big Hampton tradition is 100 Days, which is a time of celebration for seniors who have 100 days left until graduation. It is also a time for many students to lose track of what is really important, and ultimately why they came to school in the first place. It is very easy to lose track of your goals when things that excite you pop up endlessly, but it is crucial to keep your eyes on the prize.

The “spring/summer flu” affects many students, and while it is a normal thing, it should not be the ultimate downfall of your academic career. When the weather becomes warm enough to wear your toes out, do not forget that the school year continues and how hard you work while the weather is warm will affect you in the long run. Being that we are in a new year, many have set goals or resolutions for themselves to learn and grow into a better person. In order to stay focused and keep that “it’s 4.0 season” mindset, set goals for yourself each day to do some work for classes ahead of time so that by the time it’s due, you are not worried about finishing because it is already done.

There is a time to have fun and a time to buckle down and focus on your studies. College is an experience that should be taken advantage of, so enjoy every moment of it while it last! The end result of hard work pays off tremendously, so never give up and don’t fall short of your goals! May 2018 be a successful and productive year for you!

Cashara Quinn

Hampton U '21

Cashara is a graduating senior Journalism major, Spanish minor from Chesapeake, Virginia. She will be a news producer at WFTX Fox 4 upon graduation. Her hobbies include playing the violin, dancing, and fashion. As Cashara continues to build her resume, she hopes to inspire young girls to work hard to achieve their goals and believes that anything is possible through Christ.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.