Shining Bright: Is Hampton Ready for the Year of Quintessence?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s been two weeks since school started and boy does it already seem so busy around campus! After you got through the Hampton run-around, financially clearance and registration for these upcoming school daze, maybe you got a chance to enjoy the first 12-2, the first Holland, the first game, and let’s not forget the Future Concert that will be going on this weekend in Convo.

With all the amazing new additions to campus life, this school year seems like one to look forward to for all the upperclassmen who are looking at these incoming freshman like, “Boy, ya’ll don’t understand how good ya’ll have it,”- and it’s only the second week! The sun rises on Hampton this year as the 10th Quintessence class joins our student body, only to be Hamptonized by their true “bigs”, Quintessence 9. The Hampton University Class of 2016 is proud to welcome you guys.

With the absence of block parties, 100 Days, and other traditional Hampton U favorites, student body officials are doing everything in their power to make sure our HBCU experience is cultivated for us to shine! Hats off to the student tailgate parties and getting someone like FETTY WAP for our Homecoming concert. Needless to say, this year is one to look forward to! With the way Quintessence 8 turned up their senior year, the question is, “Is Hampton really ready for another year of Quintessence?

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.