freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Relationships in College : Featuring My Boyfriend David Bozemen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

I was super excited about “His Campus” week and about the idea of getting a guy to partner up with and get their perspective on a topic. So of course, I had to pick my boyfriend David Bozeman. David is a junior, entrepreneurship major, from Peoria, Illinois. David and I have been together for 1 year, and we definitely have had to navigate the ups and downs of college together. In this article, we will be discussing how to go about having a relationship in college in general, and what we have learned from being in a serious relationship in college.

David: I think in a relationship in college it is important to have good communication. It is the key to a relationship. It is also important to give time into the relationship and put energy into spending time with one another. When you are in a relationship in college it is also important to be open and honest with each other. 

Sierra: I agree with what he said. I think it is important for us to block out time together and make each other feel like a priority. If something is bothering you between you and your partner then I feel it is important to address it as soon as possible, it is important to not hold all of that in. 

David: I also think it is important to keep going on dates and to keep the relationship with your partner spontaneous. It is important to feel that love from your partner constantly. You guys need to keep doing things to spark up the relationship. You should never stop trying to constantly make each other happy because college can get stressful. 

Sierra: I agree, college can get stressful so it’s really important to do this. Just spending time with each other and us watching a movie personally can make me feel a lot better when I am stressed. We also can push each other and help each other by studying together and just motivating each other to be the best that we can. 

David: You also cannot get too caught up in each other to the point where you lose your priorities and who you are. You have to make sure that both of you are growing together and not holding each other back. 

Sierra Smither

Hampton U '21

Sierra Smither is a Junior psychology major from Boston Massachusetts! She enjoys writing, hanging out with friends and family, sports, and reading!