lidya nada MD ha01Bk7c unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lidya nada MD ha01Bk7c unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash

Quarantine Birthday? No Problem!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Birthday’s have always been important to me. It doesn’t matter how old I was turning or what day of the week my birthday fell on; I knew I was doing something special in celebration of my day. Since the outbreak of COVID, the usual tradition of birthday celebrating has changed for everyone. It’s impossible to throw a big surprise party while social distancing but you can still be creative and find ways to celebrate yourself or someone you love. Here are five ways you can celebrate your birthday, or someone else’s, this year.

Write them a letter

It may not be my number one love language but who doesn’t love words of affirmation? I’m sure it would mean the world to your friend or family member if you told him/her how much you appreciate the relationship you have and it would be even more special if you wrote it all out on paper. They’ll never throw it away and they’ll always have something sweet to remember you by.

Gift cards!

You can never ever, ever, go wrong buying a gift card as a gift. This way, they can buy whatever they want. You don’t have to think too hard on this gift and most companies have e-cards to purchase so you don’t even have to bother mailing it.

Birthday box

If you have a hard time picking out gifts like myself, birthday boxes make it super easy to pick something out for that special someone. Companies like White Confetti Box sell gift baskets premade for different celebratory occasions so you can do more partying and less planning. You can choose from different themes for your box or you can customize your own.

Dinner and a movie

It may not be the best idea to go to a movie theater right now but you can still catch a show at the Drive-In. Grab some take out on your way to the film and crash in the trunk with a few blankets for a lovely cinematic evening.

Celebratory picnic

Picnics with champagne and charcuterie boards are the new aesthetic so why not have one for your birthday? A picnic, although cliché, is a very cute and simple idea that you can easily plan with social distancing in mind. Gather amongst a few friends at a beautiful park or a pond and don’t forget your checkered blanket and picnic basket!

Times may be uncertain but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your day. Now go out and be great, in your lavender!

Cheers to Virgo SZN!

Hey beautiful people! I am Madison Williams, second-year Journalism major from Dallas, Texas and I am studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I love to use writing as my creative outlet and I am so happy to be apart of HerCampus so I can put my writing skills to good use!
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!