Planning Your Spring Break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Spring Break is right around the corner! If you haven’t started planning for your getaway, then you should soon or else it will be too late! Below are some last minute tips for finalizing your spring break vacay.

Travel Fees

Many airlines have released special spring break prices that you can’t beat. Prices are as low as $170 roundtrip. While booking flights call and ask airline companies whether they offer a student discount. If flying isn’t your style and you wanna road trip to your destination, compare prices for car rental companies. Inquire about using airline points for discounts and offers as well.

Hotel, Vacation Rental, etc.

If your living arrangements haven’t been booked already, it may already be too late to book a hotel room for your group. But there is an alternative! Renting a vacation rental saves money and also brings the comfort of home. Vacation rentals are condos, apartments, and houses that owner’s rent to travels. Using a rental for sleeping arrangements also helps with space; instead of being crowded in a hotle room with six people, you will be able to have bedrooms and bathrooms at your convienence. Sites such as traveladvisor.com , www.vrbo.com, and www.airbnb.com are trustworthy sites. When renting always to secondary research of the place and owner to avoid being scammed. 

Packing

You are going to be away for a week, maybe less than that depending on travel arrangements. Each person does not need three bags each. Settle for one suitcase or even a large duffel. ONLY pack the essentials (underwear, bathing suit, clubwear, etc.), your whole closet does not need to join you on this trip.

Planning a spring break getaway is a very stressful process. But by following these tips and openly communicating will help with the planning process. HC Hampton U wishes you the best with planning your getaways! Only 6 weeks left before you can be laying on the beach soaking up some sun!