This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Every year on February 14, we are overwhelmed with red 3D heart balloons, stale chocolate candy, and the insanely amount of red roses that we count on the low if we know we won’t receive one. Secretly hoping that our crush got the hint that you wanted him and that he FINALLY built up the courage not only tell you that he wants you, but wants to spoil you on this holiday, which you have completely dreaded for the past few years. Valentines Day, the day all of your friends who are in relationships post what their beau or boo got them. Whether it’s them posting on all social media platforms their jewelry, tickets to somewhere out of the country, makeup, clothes, or the random cutest teddy bear. So I guess you’re here because you’re lonely, single, and don’t know what to do on Valentines Day. It’s fine because I have you covered!

1. Go Shopping. Nothing takes my mind off of stress or boredom more than spending some money on clothes and makeup. According to onlymyhealth.com, “Shopping is believed to be a great stress-buster for a stressed person. It increases positive affect and helps to relieve stress.”

2. Take yourself out on a date. Love eating Philippe Chow for dates? No worries, just go take yourself on one. Why would you want a nagging guy around you while you eat in peace anyways???

3. Your besties are single too? Get dressed up and go stunt on all the guys that wouldn’t have the opportunity to be your Valentine. It is always a good idea to hang out with your best girlfriends and make even greater memories.

4. Go to the spa. Spending the day, getting a massage and mani/pedis can definitely leave you feeling in a great mood.

5. Have a Valentine’s Day sleepover with your friends. Go to Target and purchase flowers, chocolate– considerably Ghirardelli milk and caramel squares..YUM! Also, don’t forget the teddy bears and wine–can’t drink? Make a shirley temple, virgin of course.

Valentine’s Day is only one day but use this day as a day of self-reflection. Cherish all those in your life that you love. There is always peace in being alone. Remember, guys are annoying anyways.

Anisa Saigo

Hampton U '20

My name Is Anisa Saigo and I am a senior journalism major, liberal studies minor from Brooklyn, N.Y. I enjoy everything that has to do with entertainment, fashion, and anything beauty related!