This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

For most college students, it’s time for another break from the day to day struggle of assignments and quizzes. Spring break is on the horizon which means no classes and no horrendous walks to class in the rain or snow. 

Not traveling for spring break? Don’t let that stop you from having a good time. You may feel a little jealous seeing your friends jet off to Miami or California but avoid comparing your break to theirs. You deserve to enjoy yourself just as much as everybody else and you can still do that if you won’t be hopping on a flight. Here are some tips to have your own spring break getaway right at home. 

1. Spa or Self Care Day

Spring Break is the perfect time to breathe and relax. You don’t even have to spend a lot of money. Just ahead to target and buy a face mask or maybe a nail polish color you’ve always wanted to try and just go from there.

Pro-Tip: Try steaming your face with boiling water. There are tutorials on YouTube for it and it works wonders! 

2. Binge Watch A New Show 

This is probably something many of you were already going to do, but binge watching a show is always very chill. Start a new show recommended by a friend or ask your Instagram followers what they’ve been loving. Then, curl up in your favorite comfy clothes, get a couple snacks, and enjoy yourself. Release the stress of deadlines and due dates. Allow yourself to be entertained without having a paper or exam lingering in the back of your mind. 

3. Work Then Play

Making money is never a bad thing! Hit up your job from over the summer and tell them you’ll be back for the week. I know you probably want to relax instead but use the money you earn to splurge later. It’ll be worth it, I promise! 

4. Exercise 

I know most people aim to reach their body goals before spring break but just in case you missed, why not kick your exercise routine into high gear for the summer? It’s never too late to start crafting your dream body. 

5. Literally… Whatever You Want! 

Spring Break is what you make it. Whether you’re traveling or just spending time with family and friends— enjoy yourself. You’ve worked so hard to be where you are so don’t let the media make you think just because you’re not traveling or doing something extravagant that you can’t have a good break because it is possible! 

Make this Spring Break a great one, even if you’re not going anywhere in particular!

Sherdell Baker

Hampton U '23

Sherdell Baker is an emerging trailblazer in the media industry. Along with her being President (Campus Correspondent) for Her Campus Hampton U, she also writes for her own lifestyle & advice blog and ESSENCE Girls United. Sherdell works to one day be the Editor-in-Chief of a major magazine publication or create her own magazine company and continue to share important stories after she graduates from Hampton University.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!