alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Have you ever been the type of person that others label as shy and quiet? Or when you are going through certain things, you tend to isolate yourself?

I’m here to tell you:

If you are one of these people you should try and change it too! Yes, sometimes giving yourself space can be a great thing. It gives you time to reflect over certain situations. However, it is important to put yourself out there and tell others how you feel as well. No one can read your mind and if you are upset and it is important to communicate why you are upset or else you will hold onto those feelings. This can be detrimental to your relationships with others because not only by holding back your feelings are you not being honest with your friends or significant other, you are making the problem worse for yourself. You’re keeping negative energy inside yourself and sis, that is NOT healthy! Another reason why you need to avoid isolating yourself is because you can block your blessings by doing so. Sometimes, you need to be blunt and put yourself out there more to get what you want. Even though at times you may be uncomfortable talking to others, it’s something that you have to do. For example, if there’s an internship you want; don’t let that once in a lifetime experience fly by because you’re shy to speak to a representative at a job fair. Relax, take a deep breath,  put your best foot forward, and have faith in yourself! Be confident, you can do it! This advice can also be used for shooting your shot, if you really like the person why not? Even if things don’t go the way you planned, you will at least be able to say you tried. This November I challenge you to challenge yourself to grow as a person. Be more outgoing, socialize more, and be a go getter.

Avari Fauconier a graduating senior, criminal justice major from Staten Island, New York. She enjoys drawing and writing in her spare time. Avari is also hoping to have a career as an FBI agent. She is a strong believer in self love and not letting fear or insecurities keeping you from trying new things.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com