New Year, New You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As the Holiday parties begin and present’s start to go under the tree, we are quickly coming to the end of another year. This past year may have been filled with disappointment, triumph, lessons learned, or prosperity, but whatever 2017 was for you, I hope that you take something away that will allow you to improve 2018. Do you want to see yourself go after all of your goals? 2018 is the year to grind harder and push yourself because you are worth the effort. Are you tired of never feeling your best? 2018 is the year to start eating healthy and taking care of your body because it makes you feel good. What if you devoted this year to loving yourself more? You will begin to glow and flourish like no other.

New Year’s resolutions are known as being cliché but if you want to change something in your life I say that this is the perfect time to do it. You have the power to turn your life into something that you love and makes you proud, so why not do it now? Decide what you want to change, how you are going to change it and put your whole heart into it. Don’t give up after the first week when things start getting hard, instead, push yourself.

Don’t let the negative things that happened in 2017 set the tone for your 2018. Forgive people, let situations go, get rid of toxic relationships, and do it for no one else but yourself. Accept any hardships that have contributed to your growth and don’t negatively dwell on them. Claim in advance that 2018 is going to be your year and block out any negative thoughts or energy that could potentially keep you from sticking to your goals. You will thank yourself in the future for being dedicated to improving your life and working hard while doing so.

We are never promised another year so let’s not take our time for granted. Be proud of everything that has brought you here today because the best is yet to come. Let’s make this year better than the last and live up to our full potential!

Her Campus at HU wishes you a year filled with laughter and love. ♡

Jordyn Edwards is a graduating senior at the illustrious Hampton University studying strategic communications with an emphasis in liberal studies. Jordyn creates for others while being deeply motivated for her passion of storytelling and helping women find their voices.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.