My Review of the T.I. and Tiny Red Table Talk Interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

A few weeks ago, rapper and actor TI appeared on a podcast for an interview. In his interview, he released some personal information regarding his daughter Deyjah ‘s virginity. He stated that he yearly check that her hymen is still intact at the gynecologist. 

Social media went in on the T.I. and his character on his comments on the show. The rapper addressed the situation for the first time on the Red Table Talk with his wife, Tameka “Tiny” Harris. The Rapper claims that his words were “terribly misconstrued.”

He is sorry that he cause negative publicity in regard to his daughter Deyjah. T.I made it clear that his daughter’s mom was present during the doctor’s visits. T.I. told Jada that he wasn’t sensitive to this matter, but he now is for his daughter.

His comments made it worse leading to an outpouring of opinions on social media.

People still feel like he didn’t learn anything from the situation and Tiny being there made it worse by not saying anything to correct her husband.

Jada was basically feeding T.I. information during the interview to clear things up and I know she was hearing what he was really saying.

His words may have been one big misunderstanding, but he still said what he said.

Viewers called T.I. a misogynistic narcissist and a manipulator to name a few.

In the second part of the segment, it was clear that T.I. wants to control his wife and his daughter and every woman in his life in the talk about his marriage.

In my opinion, T.I. and Tiny could have not done the Red Table Talk with all due respect because they said nothing and too much at the same that did not justify the deeper issue.

The marriage segment regarding their brink of divorce was very weird. Tiny felt like he always wants to control everything, but she felt like her voice needed to be heard when he came home from prison he wasn’t used to the new ways of their relationship.

She said he went out and found a girl who can do what he says and he claims it had nothing to do with her voice.

He had a list of how he wanted things to go in his relationship and said that Tiny accepted it. When she wasn’t okay with it anymore she used her voice to go against it.

Check the videos out for yourself here

Anyaé Johns

Hampton U '21

Anyaé Johns is a graduating senior Journalism major/Leadership Studies and Cinema Studies minor from New Jersey. Anyaé is a part of the William R. Harvey Leadership Institute, HerCampus, NAACP, Phi Eta Sigma, and the Hampton Script. She is a writer and a mentor.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!