This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Before I left for college, several people told me that these next four years would be the most exciting time of my life. And so far they’re exactly right, because as rapper Lil Uzi Vert would say “I only been out here for three days.” and I’ve been having a blast. Although it is a lot of fun, there is hard work and dedication that comes with having a successful college experience as well. Here’s an overview of how my first week as a college girl went!

Monday

This was the first Monday after NSO week which was very exciting. I was officially a Hampton woman and my journey had begun. There were no classes on Monday due to it being Labor Day so I spent the day at the beach and then at the mall with my friends Rhyan and Jadyn. This day was very chill, but exhilarating because I was finally making friends and figuring out the close circle that I would have while in college. 

Tuesday 

Tuesday I woke up at exactly 5:00 AM to get ready because I had to go get my application from Hampton’s Student Center to apply to run for Miss Freshman Attendant 2019-20. After grabbing my application, I attended all my classes and like the nerd that I am, I was the first one to get to class and I sat in the front. I felt like such a Freshman because I arrived before all of the professors. Maybe I’m just a dedicated student.

Wednesday – Friday 

The rest of my days throughout the week were pretty much the same routine – nothing interesting happened yet. I didn’t even go to my first 12-2 on Friday because it was raining and I refuse to go out into the rain. Although I felt kind of lame for not attending, my friends didn’t go either so that made me feel better about the situation. 

The Weekend 

The weekend was honestly very relaxing for me. I’m currently in the process of getting adjusted to living in a smaller town, so I haven’t had the typical lit college girl life yet. I spent it doing target runs with my girls  and having lunch at our favorite new spot, Bar Louie. The rest of the night was calm and rejuvenating. Sunday was definitely a rest day. I spent all day sleeping (as I should). But, the lit college girl/hot girl lifestyle is on its way so stay tuned. 

Although my week was very boring, I’m excited about my HBCU experience. Excited about my successes, triumphs, building new connections, gaining new friends, and most importantly having fun.

Her Campus Contributor Account