This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

October has blessed us with multiple drops for our ears, our feet and our closets. The weather is changing but your favorite designers and artists have stayed consistent with their releases this month. Also if you missed out on anything pick ups, we’ll take a look into a few necessary rereleases. Lets take a look into what you should’ve copped and downloaded for the month of October.

Return of the Red Octobers – First released on Friday, October 7th and restocked on the 19th, Teyana Taylor paired with Reebok and created her all red Question Mids. Known as the ‘Primal Reds,’  this isn’t the first sneaker collaboration for this fly girl. She and rapper Fabolous teamed up to create the Ewing Hi 33, an all gold sensation last spring. Taylor stays consistent with her bold color ways in this Reebok collaboration almost mimicking the bright red of the infamous Nike Yeezy ‘Red Octobers,’ by her boss Kanye West. According to sneaker blog and website, Sneakerbardetroit these Question Mids come in women’s sizes up to 14 and are retailed at $160.

Big Baby D.R.A.M- Artist D.R.A.M released his highly anticipated debut album, Big Baby D.R.A.M, on the 21st of this month.  D.R.A.M gained notoriety in the summer of 2015 with his Billboard hit ‘Cha Cha.’ He kept fans rocking this summer with his hit ‘Broccoli,’ featuring rapper Lil’ Yachty. In 14 tracks D.R.A.M showcases his musicality and depth, proving himself beyond his recent radio hits. He keeps fans interested with his list of features of music’s heavy hitters that range from Young Thug to the soulful Erykah Badu. You can stream the album on Apple Music now.

Pharrell Williams’ Human Race- Pharrell Williams’ Human Race sneaker was first debuted this summer on notably stylish rappers like 2 Chainz and Lil’ Uzi Vert. The initial drop was the yellow color way with ‘Human’ on the left foot and ‘Race’ written on the right. Since their first sighting, the shoes have created a huge buzz in the sneaker and rap worlds.  The most fly guy in Hip Hop promised more color ways on his Instagram page after previewing the red, blue and green color options. Although the new colors dropped at the end of September, they made it to our October list because they are a definite sneaker cop for the fall.

Curren$y 9/30 & 10/30 Tapes- This Under Ground King can always be counted on for the hottest rap drops. Following his success in 2009, with a mixtape drop every month, the Hot Spitta brings back this tradition in 2016. Curren$y announced his Andretti: 10/30 mixtape on Twitter earlier this week. In his tweet, he called this drop, “another kilo.”  The rapper is famous for his extended metaphor, where he refers to his music as “audio dope,” and compares the music industry to that of the ruthlessness of the drug trade. The first round of tapes dropped on the 30th of September dutifully titled, Andretti: 9/30 which featured a total of 8 tracks with features from other Lifers including the rap prince T.Y., son of the rapper, BG, from the early 2000’s rap group The Hot Boyz. Andretti 10/30 can be downloaded exclusively on DatPiff.com and streamed on Apple Music.

DC4, finally- Meek Mill is back. Dream Chasers 4 is the fourth installment to the Dream Chasers’ album saga released Friday, October 28. Riding the wave of his most recent DJ Funk Flex Freestyle, Meek is looking to reclaim his rap thrown after his beef with Drake last summer that lost him a number of fans. However, Meek fans, Drake fans and Internet trolls will definitely be taking a listen to see if Meek has earned back his rap credibility. According to HotNewHipHop.com, the album can be purchased on iTunes and has a total of 14 tracks.  The list of features includes today’s rap superstars like Lil’ Uzi Vert, 21 Savage, his girlfriend Nicki Minaj, and the late rapper Lil’ Snupe.

More Life, More Drake- Rapper Drake celebrated his 30th birthday on October 24th and blessed his fans with a three-track drop on OVO radio. October’s Very Own announced that he will drop a new album titled, More Life, this December. He gave fans an exclusive listen to three songs that will be featured on the upcoming album. Fake Love, Sneakin’ featuring 21 Savage and Two Birds One Stone, were the three tracks he debuted on OVO Radio and are now available for download on Apple Music.  It has been debated that the More Life project will be the last album Drizzy owes Cash Money Records to fulfill his contract. Nevertheless, in December the world will have another Drake project. In the meantime, listening to these three tracks will have you counting down the days until then.

Her Campus contributing writer @ the Real HU |Hampton University'18