Miss Hampton SpringFest Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Monday, April 1st was the annual Miss Hampton Springfest Fashion Show. This year’s show took on a Wizard of Oz  theme with a twist. The plot of the fashion show started with Miss Hampton, Shayma Sulaiman in between Glinda the Good Witch of the North and the Wicked Witch of the West. Sulaiman is trying to find her way back to her Home by the Sea. Along the way to meet the Wizard, she runs into: Barbie, who wants a brain from the Wizard, the Tinman who is looking for a heart, and finally Lion who is looking for the courage. Barbie, the Tinman, and Lion were all different scenes for the show to display different clothing collection. 

The ‘Barbie’ scene was filled with preppy, chic, flirty outfits. Songs by Iggy Azalea, Aqua (Barbie Girl), other artists as the models struted their stuff down the runway. The Tinman scene was a male dominant scene that had music from Kanye West, Eric Bellanger, and others playing futuristic sounds. Some of the male models acted as Tinmen at the end of the runaway by doing slow, stiff dances that really channeled a robotic atmosphere. Finally the Lion scene was very sexy and sensual. A few of the female lionesses had a dance routine that was parallel to cat like behaivor.

At the end of the show Miss Hampton found the Wizard and was able to get back to Hampton University with her ruby pumps. The show was very organized and executed well. Overall, the show was huge success! Past Miss Hamptons came to support the show along with the rest of Miss Hampton’s court.