This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As the weather gets cooler and the protective styles are being installed, it can get difficult trying to change with the times. There are always new products being released or ones being discontinued. I’ve hand picked different makeup products that I feel could work great for those of you looking for new brands to try or wanting to add a little change in pace in your makeup routine. Hopefully, these product suggestions find their way into your makeup collection soon!

Morphe’s 35O2 Palette 

Image Courtesy of Google Image Search 

This beautiful fall palette has all the shades you need for your smokey eye or cut crease needs. With shades ranging from burgundy to chesnut, you can’t go wrong with using this palette for all your fall-inspired eye looks. The palette holds 35 shades of both matte and shimmer tones which could not only be used for eye looks, but also as highlight tones. This product can be found at your local beauty retailers such as Ulta, Sephora, or even Amazon. Morphe also sells other palettes that are pigmented on brown skin. 

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream 

Image Courtesy of Google Image Search

NYX is a well-known makeup brand that many women of color have grown to love. Though this specific lip collection has been out for quite some time, people are still falling in love with it. The collection itself consists of 36 shades. However, the shades that I would recommend for fall would be Dubai, Madrid, Vancouver, Berlin, Rome, London, Copenhagen, and Transylvania. Because it is a “soft” matte, it is not too drying and has just enough moisture in the product to ensure that you don’t feel uncomfortable. 

Colourpop’s In-Nude-Endo Highlighter Palette

Image Courtesy of Google Image Search

Even though its fall, that doesn’t mean that we can’t glow! Colourpop is known for its highly pigmented products, but this highlight palette is one that takes the cake! It consists of four shades that are in rose, ivory and amber tones. The palette is a little pricey in comparison to the site’s other products, but it’s totally worth the price because, with this palette, a little goes a long way. This brand is also vegan and cruelty-free. This particular palette is sold only on Colourpop’s website. 

Milani’s Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation/Concealer

Image Courtesy of Milani.com

In the fall, matte finishes are best because in the summer dewy or “glowy” looks are more heavily emphasized. Milani’s Foundation and Concealer mixed product is said to work quite well with dry skin, and with it being both a foundation & concealer combined, it will give you that full coverage look you might be going for. With over 20 shades, you could even have your foundation color for the fall and next summer! To some people this brand is considered “drugstore” which means that it’s a little on the cheaper side when it comes to pricing. You can find it at Target, Ulta, Walmart, or Milani’s website. This brand is also advertised as being vegan and cruelty-free.

Sherdell Baker

Hampton U '23

Sherdell Baker is an emerging trailblazer in the media industry. Along with her being President (Campus Correspondent) for Her Campus Hampton U, she also writes for her own lifestyle & advice blog and ESSENCE Girls United. Sherdell works to one day be the Editor-in-Chief of a major magazine publication or create her own magazine company and continue to share important stories after she graduates from Hampton University.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!