This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

If you ever need a quick laugh or need someone to lift your spirits, I recommend Kai Cenat. Kai Cenat is a 20 year old YouTube and Twitch star born and raised in Bronx, New York. At a young age Kai knew he had a passion for entertainment. Kai started his journey on Facebook by posting short comedy clips of him performing a number of skits. After being introduced to Instagram he moved his fan base and continued his passion.

Kai began his YouTube career in 2018 while still in high school, and soon had a very important decision to make about his future. Once he graduated from high school he went on to attend Morrisville State College which is located in his home state of New York. While in college Kai continued to make content and introduced his platform to his most famous series of playing  “Ding-Dong-Ditch” on the students in his dorm.

While his YouTube videos range from pranks and fun challenges he quickly created a name for himself within the industry. Kai Cenat joined the well known YouTube group AMP in 2020 while he was still attending college. The members in this group are Duke Denis, ImDavisss, JustFanum, Agent 00, ChrisNxtDoor, and Kai Cenat himself.  Kai had to determine whether he wanted to continue to pursue his degree or if he wanted to fully commit to creating content. Following his passion he dropped out of school and continued to pursue his dreams of entertaining the world. 

In 2021, after a year of working together they accomplished a huge milestone in the YouTube industry. AMP hit a million subscribers on their channel in July of that year. Shortly after hitting their milestone they began to expand on their careers by buying their own content house in Atlanta which they all reside in now. While continuing his career with AMP he went on to create his own path to further expand his platform. 

Kai Cenat began his Twitch streaming career in 2021 which allowed his streaming platform to broaden. Within his Twitch streaming he has had numerous celebrity guest appearances ranging from Lil Baby, to Ice Spice, to his most recent streaming of Chrisean Rock and Blue Face. Within his streams he holds sit down interviews with these celebrities and allows his streaming audience to attend and comment as if they are all in the same room. Kai Cenat’s Twitch streaming has caused his career to surplus in such a way that has allowed him to win Streamer of the Year on December 4th, 2022. He was given this award at this year’s annual Streamy Awards held by YouTube. Kai Cenat is undoubtedly one of the fastest growing content creators within this industry. 

Dania Flint

Hampton U '24

Dania Flint is a graduating senior, Political Science major on the PreLaw track from Athens, Georgia who attends Hampton University. Some of her passions include dancing, reading, journaling, and spending time with family and friends.