Style > Beauty

It’s Time to get into the SPIN of Things: Trying a new Spin Brush

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Is your skin spiraling out of control? Yeah, I know. It’s time to try a new spin brush! We are all probably used to the traditional way of cleansing our skin. Using our hands of course, and gently rubbing in our cleanser with a circular motion. Yeah, no. It’s time to elevate your skin and try a new spin brush.

I’ve recently been using the spin brush by Vanity Planet, and let’s just say I love it! It’s something new that I have taken interest in and I want to give you guys some free game. “Why do I need a spin brush anyway?” You’re probably wondering. Cleansing your face with your hands is fine, we’ve all done it. I’ve done it. However, a spin brush deeply cleanses your pores and relieves all of the dirt that your hands can not get to. It’s important to know that as much as you use your spin brush, you should also cleanse it as well. Your spin brush needs love too.

Anyway, it’s time to try something new and introduce your skin to the spin. The fun thing about my spin brush is that it comes with three different brush heads. A cleansing brush, exfoliating brush, and a body brush. Each of these brushes performs a different task for your skin.

We talked a little bit about the cleansing brush, so now let’s get into some exfoliation. An exfoliating brush removes some of the dead skin cells that are left on our faces. Or skin naturally creates new layers of skin every couple of days. We don’t properly remove the dead skin with our hands. An exfoliating brush allows this to be done and also leaves you with a brighter complexion.

Lastly, the body brush. This is pretty much self-explanatory. This is a brush that ultimately cleanses and exfoliates your body. We can not neglect our bodies ladies and gentlemen. It deserves the same love we give our face.

I’ve given you all the details on the spin brush by Vanity Planet, but now it is time to let you know which brush head is my favorite! I would have to say the exfoliating brush! The exfoliating brush has to be my favorite because I love the glow it gives my skin. I’m not going to be dramatic and say I see instant results. My skin typically looks clean after I use it, but over time I have seen a difference.

I have never tried to exfoliate my skin before because I didn’t know how, or what to use. I tend to do my research before I try different products because I do not play about this face. I typically exfoliate once, maybe twice a week. Don’t over-exfoliate guys!  Overall, I love how it adds to cleansing my skin and leaving it feeling smooth.

I have been wanting to try a spin brush for a while now, and I’m glad that I’ve added this new edition to my skincare routine. There can be a time period when your skin begins to purge, meaning it’s been introduced to something new and it’s going to get ugly before it gets pretty.

Your skin may begin to purge and release all of that underlying dirt and feel as though it’s breaking out. That’s fine, that’s normal. Give it some time. You may even feel as though this product is not for you, and that is okay as well. I was ready to try something new and you should too. When life gives you lemons….you get a spin brush.

Destini Cheek

Hampton U '23

Hi, My name is Destini and I am a third year Psychology major at Hampton University.