study abroad spain barcelona palm trees beach summer sunny tropical
Cameron Smith / Her Campus

It’s Always Sunny in SoCal: Continuation of Summer in California

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ahh, fall season…the leaves falling, cool breeze aka pumpkin spice and uggs season, one of the most relaxed seasons of the year! Not in SoCal!  Typically most of us would experience the four seasons; fall, winter, spring, and summer… NOT I !!! Globally, the fall season started on September 22, where the temperature cools down. For me, what is fall?! 

Perfect fall temperature ranges from 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit. For San Diego’s temperature, it is twice those ranges. Currently, we are sitting in 102-degree weather! Typically, fall is a great time to play in the leaves and conceive different recipes, including pumpkin spice. In SoCal, fall is a great time to soak your whole body into the cool water at the beach because of this heatwave! 

Globally during fall, you would be going through boxes of hot chocolate. In SoCal fall, you are still going through bottles of water to stay alive, and it’s still not enough to cure dehydration. Growing up in Southern California, I mainly experienced two seasons: Summer and brutally shivering winters without snow. 

Overall, I have gotten used to the fact that fall for me is just a “to be continued,” season of summer! For anyone that wants to move to California, warning it would be summer for six months. If you love the summer, SoCal is for you! Just get ready to have your AC bill be in the three-digit range and drink plenty of water! 

Ariyia Minter

Hampton U '22

Hey, y’all my name is Ariyia Minter and I am currently a rising junior psychology major from San Diego,CA. My hobbies include writing, reading and watching real life documentaries about criminals. Fun fact:I have been to 40 states in the U.S and plan on traveling at least 3 countries before I’m 30!
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!