This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As Women’s History Month is now here, I would love to dedicate this article to all of my beautiful black women who work hard and fight for what they believe in. 

As black women, being successful is very important to us. But, it is vital that we balance out the other aspects of our lives. Black women specifically are often told this, and yes, it is true! I can honestly say the older I get, the more I realize the need for balance. 

It’s okay to work hard, but don’t forget to take some time to have fun, to treat yourself, to go out, or yes, I said it, fall in love. Trust me, this is easier said than done and I am learning this too. But one thing I do know is, what good is it being successful, if you don’t have anyone to share it with. 

I urge all women, especially black women, to keep working toward success, but always balance out work and your personal life. It is very challenging but once we finally master it, we will be very proud of ourselves. 

Sending much love and light to all women! 

Chance Thweatt

Hampton U '21

My name is Chance Thweatt and I am a member of the Her-Campus Hampton U chapter. I am a third-year Journalism major, Political Science minor currently studying at Hampton University.
Jordyn Edwards is a graduating senior at the illustrious Hampton University studying strategic communications with an emphasis in liberal studies. Jordyn creates for others while being deeply motivated for her passion of storytelling and helping women find their voices.