Bgb Editor'S Letter Hero Image
Bgb Editor'S Letter Hero Image
Adebusola Abujade / Her Campus Media
Style > Beauty

The Importance of Having a Good Face Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Your face is your most important feature because it is the first thing someone sees when they look at you, so you want to always make sure your face is looking hydrated and stress free. In order to make sure your face looks clear and hydrated, you need to make sure you have a face routine that you are disciplined to. Having a ritual face routine can be hard for some because you have to be disciplined to the routine in order to see results. If you are not disciplined to the routine, you will not see immediate results and your skin will look the same no matter how much product you use.

Everyone’s face is different because we all have different types of skin types which include: dry, oily, or in between. Depending on your skin type, you may have a different routine than someone else because their routine may not work for you. The products they use may not work for your skin because it could break you out or your skin could have an allergic reaction to the product. So, finding out your skin  type is one of the most important steps when implementing a face routine.

The second step is finding the appropriate products for your skin type and finding the right brand for your skin. You can’t use every skin product on your face because everything is made differently. So, you have to be aware of that when picking multiple products from different brands. I would recommend getting all your products from the same brand because it is easiest and the products will all be similar to one another, and most likely complement one another because they were made by the same company. After you find the right products for your face, that is when you will start seeing results. The results may vary because you never know how your skin is going to react to a new product. So, truly it is a trial and error process.

The final step is being disciplined to your routine and taking care of your body. A lot of people do not know that your skin is affected by what you put on it and in your body. Drinking a lot of water is good for your skin because it keeps your skin hydrated. So, if you drink a lot of sodas, alcohol, etc., you are putting those toxins in your body and it is most likely going to affect your outer appearance. The same goes with smoking because any form of smoking can affect your face and cause you to have really bad irritation on your skin.

Your skin is very important and it should be taken seriously. The reason being is because your appearance is important and having a clear face is the best. It brings a sense of confidence when you have a clear and hydrated face.

LaRyn Claridy

Hampton U '23

Hi! My name is LaRyn Claridy I am second year at the illustrious Hampton University. I am a strategic communication major with an area of emphasis in law from Chattanooga, Tennessee. I enjoy making memories with my family and friends, exploring the latest fashion trends, and I enjoy connecting with other people in a social setting. I am so excited to be apart of Her Campus and I look forward to this next year and what it brings.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!