Culture > News

Impeach Trump they say, it’ll fix everything, they say

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

What is IMPEACHMENT?

Well for those of you who have  been living under a rock, no worries, you’re covered! Impeachment, does that word sound scary, interesting, or just straight up political? Well, for you who are waiting to learn what this word actually means, it is the action of calling into question the integrity or validity of something. IN THIS CASE, it simply means GETTING THE PRESIDENT KICKED OUT THE WHITE HOUSE. PERIODT!

Hold Your Horses

So, knowing that some of you are probably jumping out of your seats by hearing that information, you may want to sit back down. As we all know Trump by far has not become too popular with many citizens and even non-citizens. On November 8, 2016, for some of us our worst fear came true. Even till this day many people walk around fearing what’s next from our president, sorry, I mean your president. What and who became behind Trump’s election, was Mike Pence, when formally elected by the Electoral College on December 19, 2016. With a new Democratic House of Representatives, Donald Trump’s impeachment is for the first time a real possibility. UGHHHHH! Doesn’t that sound so great!

WHEWW CHILE, THE GHETTO

Now judging by this headline title, you may think these next couple of paragraphs will be based on the ghetto, but no, it is based on something so ridiculous and sad. For just about anyone who is against Trump is quick to say he needs to be impeached, or even *cough cough* assassinated. What people are not realizing, is that ONCE TRUMP IS GONE, PENCE, THE DEVIL HIMSELF IS UP TO BECOME, NO LONGER VICE PRESIDENT, BUT THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF.

Lets just go through some facts of Mike Pence. Here’s a list for you….

This man has been working his way up since 1991.

1. In 2000 he was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives for the 2nd District of Indiana.

2. In 2002 he was elected to the US House of Representatives for the 6th District of Indiana. The district was renumbered in 2002. He was then re-elected in 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010.

3. 2009-2011 became the Republican Conference Chair

4. Jumping to where things begin to get a little questionable. On March 26, 2015, Pence signs the Religious Freedom Restoration Act banning local governments from intervening when businesses turn away customers for religious reasons. The law sparked concerns about discrimination, particularly within the LGBT community.….but wait….. DURING THE 2010 VALUE VOTER SUMMIT, PENCE TOOK STAGE AND SAID, “I’m a CHRISTIAN, a conservative and a Republican, in that order.” WELL looky here, so why would you show discrimination toward religiousness.

5. After being sworn in and everything dealing with his vice presidency, on January 27, 2017, he speaks at the March for Life, an anti-abortion rally in Washington.

Mike Pence is not one to be up for Presidency.

Yes, Trump has really bad sides to him from his racial slurs to his non-support toward women. BUT what we must realize is that Trump is DUMB. Pence is unfortunately SMART. Besides that, he’s also self-infatuated, in order words, arrogant, he’s a liar and he’s cruel. PERIODT. Knowing that Pence’s political mission has long been geared towards blocking abortion rights, and LGBTQ pus equality, things would most likely become even worst for both women and queer people, and even trans folks if he came president. There is so much more you all need to learn about this evil man.

Do your research people, times almost up!

Her Campus Contributor Account 
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com