This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Happy HisCampus week! I decided to hop on a trend I heard about that had recently become popular on TikTok- sending a survey to my exes. Although my dating history is short, the responses were quality. I adapted the survey for my own purposes, adding and deleting some of the questions. It was fun to see what some of the guys honestly thought about me (I got some surprises for sure) and be exposed to some of my own dating patterns. Here’s what I found out!

Before we talked/dated, did you know if I liked you?

All of the responses were no. This wasn’t surprising to me- I’m pretty reserved when it comes to having crushes and am not one to easily let my feelings be known, at least until I’m sure they’re reciprocated.

Rate my personality

On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being “never again” and 10 as “you’re amazinggg”, I scored pretty high. I, myself, consider my personality to be one of my best attributes so  I was happy to see that I averaged 9s and 10s for the responses. My lowest score was an 8, and I actually inquired the person about why they rated that, to which they responded “Why do I think I deserve a 10?” Touche.

What are my best qualities?

This was my favorite question, because like anyone, I love compliments. Some of the responses were my physical attributes, such as my smile, hair, and body shape. My favorite responses though were about my character. I was told that I’m a great friend, that I have a good sense of humor, a sense of adventure/ liking to try new things, and so on. 

What are my worst qualities?

Of course, this was my least favorite queston. I actually wasn’t surprised by the responses though. Some of the responses had overlaps, which I felt was beneficial to see that if multiple people pointed it out, they were things I needed to work on. My worst qualities, per my responders, included among others, being too non-chalant, hiding things, a lack of communication, and avoiding issues.

What terms are we on now?

I believe I’m on good terms with all of the people I sent the survey too and it was echoed by their responses. One even pointed out that if I ever need anything, they would be there for me, which was nice to see that in lieu of a romantic relationship, I still had good friends I could count on.

Would you date me again?

All except one person answered yes. I actually didn’t have expectations for this question so it was interesting to see if through it all, anyone would be willing to give it another go. I believe there is such a thing as wrong timing, but I also believe that each of my dating experiences has been a lesson and it’s better to move forward. 

How awkward is this?

On a scale of “not really” to “pls never send this to me again”, most of the responses averaged in the middle. I, personally, felt kind of awkward even sending them the survey lol but I’m glad that they were all good sports about it and completed it honestly.

Any other comments about me?

The only comment I received was that I was the funnest person they had dated, which actually made me smile to know that I’d had an impact on someone like that.

While the survey was slightly awkward and embarassing to send out, it was actually eye-opening to see what the ghosts of exes’ past thought of me. It gave me some insight into the type of person I am when I’m with someone else, and what I can keep doing or do better in the future. If you’re curious to know what your exes or old flames think about you, try sending them the survey!

Kennedi Jackson is a senior journalism major, leadership studies minor from Atlanta, GA. She is one of the 2020-2021 associate editors for the HerCampus Hampton U chapter. Post-graduation, Kennedi hopes to work in an editorial position, communications department, or digital media.