This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Despite the cuffing season being around the corner and the hot girl summer being over, do you ever find yourself missing somebody or something so much it hurts?

The combination of the gloomy weather, cold mornings, rainy evenings, less sunlight, and overall scenic change shifts something inside you. Fall is something else. Megan called it a hot girl semester, but how hot is it when you look around and the roster is short and the playoffs are quickly approaching. Fall is that time to not only worry about cuffing season but more importantly worry about your biggest goals for the rest of the year. The other day walking back to my homestay here in Barcelona, I Miss You by Beyoncé began to play.  I don’t even remember the last time I heard the song and it had been a minute — and let me tell you, the song is not in the daily rotation for a reason…lol because your girl was all her bag and feels by the time I got to the door. 

It started with, “Said I miss you like everyday”

It took me all the way out. Fall has always been a hell of a time and it just started. Moving across the Atlantic, leaving my family, friends, and at-home boos this Fall has definitely been a transitional time. All of September was full of mistakes, mistakes, and more adjustments. Plus, I never realized how tough Fall could be after the hype of Summer calms down. So many thoughts of  “Who is going to keep me warm? “ ”What’s the move?” , “Am I gonna’ make it through this cuffing season abroad?”

“Wanna be with you, but your away”

It’s like this time of the year forces you to move on. Yea, these drastic changes from hot to cold make you miss Summer more and more, but these falling leaves are just a reminder that even in nature you can not hold on to everything. Those memories that keep replaying over and over are just apart of your process and those leaves are falling whether you like it or not baby.  

“It doesn’t matter who you are, It’s so simple, feel it, But it’s everything no matter who you love It is so simple, feel it, But it’s everything”

But remember, you are not the only one missing that special someone or comfort of the life you used to have. Cuffing season around the corner. Take this time to still focus on the hottie you gonna’ be next Summer, and bench those ideas and feels for the guy who doesn’t deserve you girl.

You never know this cuffing season you might catch the one. 

Tierra Mack

Hampton U '21

My name is Tierra Mack. A third year political science major, Spanish minor from Atlanta, Georgia. I have a passion for educational equity and reproductive justice. Joining HerCampus has allowed me to stay creative and and perfect my blogging and curating skills.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!