I am Thankful for Laughter

Something I am thankful for this holiday season is laughter. Yes, it may seem like something small. However, a little laughter goes a long way and can help brighten your day or anyone else's.

Laughter is very important in life because during times of hardships and sorrow, it is something that can make you feel better. You may think of something funny your friends told you and then forget what you were so sad or stressed about. Imagine how serious a world would be without laughter? It would be so gloomy and serious. It is important to remember that you only live one life. Therefore, try to loosen up and not take everything seriously and laugh while you can. Even if something embarrassing happens, don’t be bitter and upset, instead, laugh about it- trust me, you’ll feel so much better when you do. Also, make sure to laugh with friends and family members while you can because life is a precious gift and it is important to enjoy it with the people you love most. Another reason I am thankful for laughter is because how contagious it is. Hearing my friends laugh automatically makes me laugh twenty times harder. Laughter is one of the most beautiful gifts we were given in life. It can help during so many things: it helps heal broken hearts through times of sorrow, act as a form of strength when you’re feeling sick, or just be a way to bond with your loved ones.

Remember, “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.” Proverbs 17:22.

This Thanksgiving, I hope you gather around a table with your friends or family where you tell stories and crack jokes. Thanksgiving is about fellowship and there’s no better way to spend time with others than to laugh.