This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Here are 5 steps to help you successfully snag yourself a Hampton grad! Whether it’s someone who graduated and you never got a chance to talk to, or someone’s Prophyte you just have to have! Just follow these five steps and there is no way you’ll go unnoticed!

Step 1: Less is sometimes more.

Don’t come off too strong. Remember that you are dealing with someone older so the maturity level is expected to be there.

Step 2: Do not act like a child.

No, that does not mean that you have to stop playing Candy Crush, but it just means that you shouldn’t play childish games with them. Remember they are older so they won’t have time for those silly things.

Step 3: Play hard to get, not hard to want.

Do not make them feel older than they actually are. They are probably talking to you to make themselves feel younger, you also run the risk of making your man feel like an old man, which could be awkward for the both of you

Step 4: Don’t lie about your age, but don’t make it the topic of the conversation.

Do not lie!! Lying is very childish and they will know that you’re lying right away. They’re going to be quite upset when they invite you to the alumni day party and you can’t even get in! Keep the age gap reasonable, you do not want someone who is QT8 and you are QTX!

Step 5: Be you.

Just be you! If you didn’t think you had the potential to snag a grad, you wouldn’t have even tried it, so be confident! Do not feel pressured to give yourself up to conform to what you think they want. Just have fun, it’s homecoming!

Kierra Cole

Hampton U '19

22. Hampton U. Senior
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.