This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

For Hampton University students, Spring Break is now in full effect! Spring Break is a very important week, or sometimes longer for college students because it gives them a chance to regroup and refocus to finish out the year long. The possibilities are endless as to what you can do for spring break, especially with travel destinations being geared to warm vacation spots.

Miami is one of the biggest travel destinations for college students during spring break. With the combination of warm weather, sunny beaches and the amazing party atmosphere, I can clearly see why. Regardless of where your travel destinations are for spring break, there is a key to packing correctly to have everything you possibly need for your trip.

Rule #1: Pack outfits for all kinds of weather.

I know that the weather in Virginia fluctuates frequently, so I pack winter and spring clothes during my spring break just in case the weather switches up while I’m out of the state.

Rule #2: Don’t bring a lot of cash.

There are people that look to rob college kids on spring break, specifically, because of how naive they can be during their vacations. I would suggest carrying most of your money on a debit card because cash can easily get lost or stolen during your vacation.

Rule #3: Bring extra underwear and outfits just in case.

Having extra clothes just in case you miss a flight going back to school or you decide to stay an extra day is always a safe idea. It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!

Rule #4: Bring positive energy with you and positive energy ONLY!

Nobody wants to be around a Debby Downer during a time of celebration and fun. Keep all negativity wherever you came from and enjoy every second of spring break while you can!

To all of the college students currently on spring break, have a safe and fun break! Take this time to unwind and come back ready to finish the school year strong!

Cashara Quinn

Hampton U '21

Cashara is a graduating senior Journalism major, Spanish minor from Chesapeake, Virginia. She will be a news producer at WFTX Fox 4 upon graduation. Her hobbies include playing the violin, dancing, and fashion. As Cashara continues to build her resume, she hopes to inspire young girls to work hard to achieve their goals and believes that anything is possible through Christ.
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com