Homecoming Starter Pack: The Essential 5

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

‘‘Tis the season! Homecoming week is upon us and it’s time to get your outfits, money and turn up itinerary in order. Read below to find out the five essential items you must have to survive the week of late nights and early mornings!

A Statement Clutch

Not only will a clutch hold all of your tickets, Advil, and keys, but it can double as a statement accessory. Purses and handbags are not efficient for the homecoming week. In between events, parties, and last minute link ups, you won’t be able to keep up with your Louis or MCM. Head to Forever 21 or H&M to look for this hot item!

Shades

Regardless if the sun is on full blast, a pair of trendy sunglasses are necessary. Sunglasses can jazz up a basic outfit and add some sophistication to your look. Shades also come in handy when you have to make it to your 2 pm class after a long night in the harbors!

Statement Lip

Whether you get a bold, matte lip from Colourpop or choose a glossy lip by way of your local beauty supply store, your lips need to be on Lil Mama level! A popping lip also adds some extra spice to your overall look in addition to your shades and clutch. All I ask is that you chose a lip color that really accents and compliments your skin color. Be bold but don’t get crazy!

Turn Up Cup

We don’t condone underage drinking so this is strictly for the grown and legal readers! A cute, reusable cup or bottle only adds class to all the sipping you will do during the week. Walmart and even the Dollar Store have a great selection that are presentable and not too expensive, just in case you lose it in the midst of the party.

Back-Up Outfit

Nothing ever goes as planned…Either you spilled something on your dress two hours before the event, or your Pretty Little Thing package didn’t come in time. It is better to have a backup outfit (with shoes) just in case tragedy or a malfunction happens. Being prepared is much better than being sorry ladies!

Hopefully, these items are already in your room or you’re running to the mall after reading this post. Get on it! Enjoy your homecoming to the fullest but please remember to be safe! Call a friend or an Uber if you aren’t sure you can make it. Know your limits and never leave your friends alone. Still, show up to class because your GPA doesn’t acknowledge homecoming as a break. Happy homecoming ladies, xoxo

creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.