Homecoming Hook Ups: Slay on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Being college students who have already dealt with the stress of paying for overpriced books we don’t use, in addition to the steep tuition we pay, or having to eat out at restaurants because the caf food is nasty, we still want to be popping for homecoming. Homecoming is an expensive time of the year for us. We have to pay for tickets to Que Cab, the Fashion Show and Homecoming Concert; it’s understandable to not want to spend any unnecessary money. That is why I’m going to give you all the information you need in order to inexpensively pop out just from taking advantage of the great service our entrepreneurs on campus provide from head to toe.

Lashes

No need to go to the nail salon in the Peninsula to get your lashes done when you have your own lash technician right on campus. Aijee Morris is a first year Criminal Justice major from Baltimore, Maryland.  

Hair

We have many options when it comes to getting out hair done on campus. Here are a few of the choices!

Dazia Carter-Williams is a first-year Psychology major from Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

Dystinee Holden is a first-year Kinesiology major from PG, Maryland.

Gabrielle Marshall is a first-year Psychology major also from PG, Maryland.

And we can’t forget about the boys! If you want a clean line up and cut go to Ray.

Raynald Brown is a first year Sports Management major from Chicago, Illinois.  He offers $5 Linings and $10 cuts/fades, & his contact Number is: 773-719-4110.

Clothes

Starr is a junior Business Management major from Maryland, “bringing that distressed life to life.” Along with her distressed clothing line, Starr also bleaches and dyes natural hair, weaves, frontals, closures, and wigs with prices ranging from $10-$30. Follow her on Twitter @_SMClothing.Last, not least….

Shoes

Bri Wills has her own shoetique right here on campus!

Interested in shopping with BeeSol Shoetique? No need to pay shipping online when all styles and sizes are now available ON CAMPUS! Just contact @beesolshoes on Instagram and Twitter to order and pick up your shoes for #HUHC168. Happy slaying!

I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.