Here Are Some Of All-Time Favorite Christmas Songs And Why

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Everyone gather around, it’s that time of the year again. Yes that’s right it’s time for jingle bells, snow, Santa, and all things joyful. In my opinion, music is what makes the holiday. I bet you haven’t updated your Christmas playlist yet. Well ladies and gentlemen let me put you on to some of my favorite tracks that I love to blast during the holidays.

Winter Wonderland By: Bryson Tiller FT. Halo

First on the list we have this fairly new song called Winter Wonderland by Bryson Tiller ft. Halo. This holiday song was released in 2021 in his Christmas album titled A Different Christmas. The featured artist is none other than his daughter Harely whose stage name is Halo. At the time that this song was made she was only eight years old. This smooth modern jazz filled song will fill you with nothing but happiness and love. It will also without a doubt bring a joyful smile upon your face. When I listen to this song, it makes me want to grab a nice cup of hot cocoa in my Christmas pjs and enjoy the company of my loved ones.

This X-Mas By: Chris Brown FT. Ella Mai

Next we have this 2017 hit called This X-Mas by Chris Brown ft. Ella Mai. This song was released in Chris Brown’s Heartbreak On A Full Moon Deluxe Edition: Cuffing Season -12 Days Of Christmas album. This powerful duo is bringing the Christmas spirit by singing about spending the holidays with their significant other. This modern day r&b track allows you to really bask in and visualize what it will be like to finally spend Christmas with the person you love. I love listening to this song during Christmas because it has a contagious vibe that makes you want to sing along and even burst out a few dance moves.

Let It Snow By: Boyz II Men FT. Brian Mcknight

This 1998 classic is my all time favorite song during the Christmas season. The song Let It Snow by Boyz II Men ft. Brian Mcknight is the ultimate Christmas song that effortlessly sets the vibe for the night. If you want to be snuggled up with your loved one by the fireplace with a glass of wine or apple cider then this is the song for you. As many of us know, Boyz II Men is famously known for creating classic hits within the r&b/soul category. However with their Christmas album titled Christmas Interpretations they’ve set the bar high with their holiday hits that introduces a new version of holiday spirit.

I Want To Come Home For Christmas By: Ne-Yo

Although this song was originally created and released by Marvin Gaye in 1972, the 2013 version sung by Ne-Yo is my favorite version of this classic bop. This performance by Ne-Yo was introduced to the world in the popular film The Best Man Holiday. I would without a doubt say that Ne-Yo gives this song the right amount of the modern day feel. Ne-Yo then goes and adds this song to his 2019 album Another Kind Of Christmas which includes other classic songs that he pays homage to. This is another song to enjoy with your family and loved ones during the holiday season.     

Santa Tell Me By: Ariana Grande

For all of my Ariana Grande fans I am sure you have heard this holiday pop song. Santa Tell Me was released in 2014 as a single and is currently sitting at 265 million views on YouTube. This Christmas pop song is just what you need to get the holiday karaoke party started. When I listen to this song I can’t help but to sing along and pretend that I’m in her music video. This song can be mostly enjoyed around friends when you just want to have fun and create festive Christmas videos.

Although these aren’t all of my favorites these are definitely qualified enough to bring the Christmas vibes to the party. I hope that you were able to dust off that Christmas playlist and add a few of my favorites to get this holiday season started. Well this is all until next year, happy holiday season everyone!

Dania Flint

Hampton U '24

Dania Flint is a graduating senior, Political Science major on the PreLaw track from Athens, Georgia who attends Hampton University. Some of her passions include dancing, reading, journaling, and spending time with family and friends.