Her Campus Hampton U Kicked Off This Week With a Bang

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Starting the year off with 12 new content pieces and tons of interested contributing writers- Her Campus has begun! Tuesday September 15th, Her Campus Hampton U hosted its 2015-2016 interest meeting in Scripps 139. While over 20 collegiette’s attended, Her Campus is excited to welcome our new prospects and kick off the year on a good note. We discussed plans for year, story ideas, and all the benefits that Her Campus has to offer. School spirit filled the room, a habit we wish to continue for the year. Meetings will be held every Tuesday throughout the year in order to discuss our agenda for upcoming weeks. Please tell a friend!

As the Hampton U Her Campus chapter continues to practice lifestyle journalism, our goals include expanding to accommodate Hampton’s colorful culture. Her Campus Hampton U would like to start participating in events, community service, and partnerships with other communities on campus. As we all prepare for an successful academic year, Her Campus Hampton U is excited to take part in shaping the college women on Hampton’s campus. If you are interested in joining Her Campus Hampton U, please contact the campus correspondents. We are always accepting applications and welcoming new ideas. We hope for Her Campus to become a staple and media on campus. 

Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.