Hampton Man Crush: Troy Asobie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Ladies, meet a GRADUATING Electrical Engineering senior from Bowie, Maryland, Mr. Troy Asobie. You may have noticed Troy on campus from his outfits as he takes much pride into getting dressed. Troy is also a member of many organizations including the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), the International of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and The Caribbean Pre-Alumni Council (CPAC). This week Her Campus got to catch up with him read below to see what he had to say.

HC: So, how was your summer?

TA: It was great! I had an Internship with Northrop Grumman at BWI Airport which I got through NSBE. There I worked with coding, radar, and electronic warfare.

HC: Speaking on NSBE tell me more about it.

TA: NSBE is the National Society of Black Engineers. We do community service go to conferences, network etc.

HC: What are your plans after graduating?

TA: It’s funny that you ask that, the internship I did this summer gave me an offer. It’s a development program so every 9 months I will switch my job to find what I like. I also want to get my Masters, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be Business or Engineering.

HC: Okay, enough about Engineering let’s get to the real questions why we’re here today! How’s your dating life on campus?

TA:*laughs* It hasn’t really worked out for me. To be completely honest, I am very deep into my work so I see it as a distraction. Every once in awhile I might look, but I have never had a girlfriend at Hampton.

HC: How do you feel about the increase of sexually related incidents such as rape on campus?

TA: This is something that Hampton should get on. It’s sad to see that it is going on and it needs to be addressed immediately. You also need to ask around because you never know your friend could be there very one that is getting raped.

HC: How would you like it if a girl approached you?

TA: I’d like if a girl approached me. Its different, not to many of them do that now.

HC: So, scenario: you are in the stu sitting down doing work. How should a girl approach you?

TA: First, she’d have to smile. Then if she said what’s up and asked how my day was going that’d be nice too because it’s the little things that matter. She can start small talk and also if she gave me a compliment. I like compliments because I try to take my time and look nice in the mornings. Overall, she would just have to be genuine because that’s a turn off.

HC: What article of clothing best describes your personality?

TA: I dress upon my mood. These days, I always gotta have a watch and a chain. I feel like it’s an accessory that make your outfit pop.

HC: What’s the first thing you notice about a female?

TA: Hair. Females take a long time to get ready so if their hair isn’t done then what were they doing. Then after that I’d say face.

HC: Big question of the day: Are you looking?

TA: Currently, I’d say no because of distractions but if someone was to come up to me, I think I’d give them the time of the day

Well, there you have it! Be sure to follow this cutie on Instagram & Twitter @flyyboyy_troy and give him a compliment you never know what it might lead to. Remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take!

Dazha is a junior Aviation Management major with a concentration in Air Traffic Control at Hampton University. A Maryland native, she enjoys the outdoors, cooking, and crafts projects. Upon graduation Dazha plans to commission into the United States military or go the civilian route and work as an Air Traffic Controller somewhere close to home.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.