Hampton Man Crush: Kendall Sapp

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

History was made at Hampton University this past week. Hampton is the first Historically Black College to compete in Division I men’s lacrosse. Its only right that we have one of the young men on Hampton’s campus be recognized for being apart of such greatness. Kendall Sapp is sophomore, Computer Information Systems major from Alexandria, Virginia. He is currently on the Men’s Lacrosse team and is also in the Navy ROTC. Kendall may look like a serious guy who doesn’t like to joke around but actually he is the total opposite. He is one of the funniest guys that you ladies might run into.

HC: How important is black history to you?

HMC: I would say its very important because were at a school where its possible to make history and being apart of something bigger than yourself is important.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

HMC: I don’t really have a lot of hobbies. I play lacrosse and XBOX, that’s about it.

HC: What’s your biggest accomplishment with lacrosse?

HMC: My senior year I was voted most valuable player and that was pretty cool. And being on Hampton’s Lacrosse team. Making black history has been fun.

HC: What is your ideal type of girl?

HMC: Somebody who is funny that I can joke round and be sarcastic with. Also, someone who is smart that I can do my homework with.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

HMC: Gabrielle Union

HC: What are 3 characteristics of your ideal woman?

HMC: Funny, smart and social- like she cant be shy.

HC: What’s the first thing that you notice about a woman?

HMC: I would honestly say either hair or body.

HC: Are you currently taken or single?

HMC: I am single.

HC: What’s something you’re most passionate about?

HMC: It would be lacrosse and my schoolwork.

HC: What’s your relationship deal breaker?

HMC: Someone who is just whack, like someone who is always in their feelings and being sensitive. I can’t bang with you.

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Socorro Kenoly is a senior, Strategic Communication major in Hampton University's Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications. Socorro is a proud Hamptonian hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.