Hampton Man Crush: Keever Parrish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Her Campus and The Hampton Man Crush is back by popular demand! Our team is beyond excited to keep all of our lovely readers updated with some of the best men on Hampton University’s campus. It’s only right that we come with something special for our very first Man Crush of the school year.

Y’all asked for him so we snagged the interview, Keever Parrish is a 5th year senior architecture major from Carson, California. Keever has a very classic and smooth aura. He can be described by three S’s spiffy, sweet, and suave. When he enters a room his presence is known without even saying a word.

HC: What color describes your personality?

HMC: I would say Burgundy, because it’s bold and it has a physique to it if you really analyze it. It’s patient and it’s loud at the same time.

HC: How would you describe your style?

HMC: Timeless and timely. Timeless because I feel like my style, no matter what happens with time, no matter what changes or what different fads come in and out, it’s going to last whatever genre comes next. Timely because it’s on point it’s what’s in now, it’s what I’m doing now.

HC: You often times use the words “groovy” or “groove”, so what do the two words mean to you?

HMC: Groovy is pretty much a way of life, it’s allowing yourself to move without holding yourself back. A lot of times we become our biggest critics we get in the way of our own success but staying groovy is staying in the motion and staying consistent. It’s pursuing your movements

HC: Explain your current situation to your 5 years ago self?

HMC: I knew what I wanted to do but I didn’t know what direction to go, I was trying to do what felt right. At the time, I didn’t know too much so my knowledge wasn’t too in depth. I decided to take my knowledge and understanding and teach myself. Currently, I manage construction, I taught myself the process so I would say I evolved.

HC: Describe yourself in 3 words?

HMC: I would say I’m spiritual, loyal, and I’m forever in search of knowledge.

HC: How important is success to you?

HMC: Success is having something that I can pass to my family, in today’s time families don’t have generational wealth. For me I know I’ve reached success when I can pass down something to my daughter, son, niece or nephew.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 3 years?

HMC: I see myself construction building in Nigeria.

HC: Do you think that people can find their spouse in college?

HMC: Yes, I feel like you can. You can find love anywhere.

HC: Do you have a type?

HMC: No.

HC: What are your favorite and most annoying qualities about yourself?

HMC: My most annoying quality would be that I pay too much attention to detail sometimes I overthink things but that comes from me always studying things. I like that I am humble.

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

HMC: I like to draw and I like to weight lift.

HC: What do you look for in a woman?

HMC: I look for confidence, strength and loyalty.

HC: What’s your biggest turn off?

HMC: Ignorance, if you try to act like you know what your talking about and you don’t know what your talking about I’m going to look at you like you like your stupid.

HC: What’s your motto?

HMC: Achievement in every field of the human endeavor.

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.