freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Hampton Man Crush: Jaylon Floyd

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Jaylon Floyd, is probably one of the most low key people at Hampton University. Its rare that you’ll see him but when you do he will leave you with a lasting impression. Jaylon is a senior, architecture major from Newport News, Virginia. Mr. Floyd plans to make major moves with his architecture degree.

Her Campus: What are your plans for the future?

HMC: I’m trying to become a principal at one of the top five architecture firms in the U.S. then after that, I’d like to start my own firm.

Her Campus: If you could date any celebrity who would it be?

HMC: Vashite Kola

Her Campus: What is your relationship status?

HMC: I’m chilling.

Her Campus: What are your favorite and most annoying qualities about yourself?

HMC: I’m easy to get along with and I’ve been told I’m funny. My friends say the most annoying is that I say some country stuff.

Her Campus: What are some of your hobbies?

HMC: Basketball and Drawing

Her Campus: What’s something that you’ve tried but never want to try again?

HMC: I tried some ginger at a Chinese restaurant and it tasted like cleaning products.

Her Campus: What’s your relationship deal breaker?

HMC: I hate sneaky stuff, like getting caught up and cheating.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite campus get away?

HMC: Freshman year it was the bushes by Bemis.

Her Campus: What do you love about black women?

HMC: Oh black women are strong, number one. Black women are beautiful, and not to get to cliché, there’s layers about them I kind of like it. Each one is different but the same, I cant describe.

Her Campus: Where would you take a girl that you were interested in on he first date?

HMC: I’m real observant about locations out here but I would take her to a spot that only me and her would know about.

Her Campus: Bernie or Hilary?

HMC: Definitely Bernie. I would vote for him because I’m not in the 1%.

Her Campus: Are you more of the giver or receiver in your relationship?

HMC: I’m a giver.

Her Campus: What’s your favorite part on a woman?

HMC: I’m really into eyes and a smile. I like noses too though.

Her Campus: What’s something that people wouldn’t know about you?

HMC: I played the Saxophone.

Her Campus: What influential figure embodies the true definition of a black woman and why?

HMC: First Lady Michelle Obama, I like how she moves. She’s like a backbone for Obama. You can tell she holds down her man.

Her Campus: Do you have a type?

HMC: I do have a type; I like a girl that has a goofy side to her. Somebody that gets business done to her but she’s not always serious. Like we can do weird stuff together and have fun.

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!" 
Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.