Hampton Man Crush: Fareed Hester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Fareed Hester is a third year in the 5- year MBA program from Fort Washington Maryland. He has his hands involved in many extracurricular activities here on campus and has big plans for his future.

He is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Student Recruitment team, National black MBA, the public relations committee for the Junior Class, and he is the Executive coordinator for the mentoring program Gentelligence.Reed is constantly giving back to the kids of Hampton and is always involved in something.

HC: What makes you nervous?

HMC:  I get nervous being in the passenger seat, when i’m not in control of the car basically

HC: Do girls who make the first move intimidate you?

HMC: No, I like girls who make the first move personally honestly. I’m laid back so if a girl comes after me it just shows she’s not scared, I hate scared girls.

HC: Do you consider yourself more sexy or brainy?

HMC: I would have to say brainy surprisingly, I’ve never had a C in my life. I’ve kept at least a 3.5 so that’s why I would consider myself to be more on the brainy side.

HC: What qualities do you look for in a girl?

HMC: I look for a girl who has a goal, someone who is smart and has a plan. I also like a girl who is humble but aggressive at the same time. I guess you could say a girl who is lowkey not always out there.

HC: What is your current relationship status?

HMC: I am currently single.

HC: Do you have any prospects or plan on settling down anytime soon?

HMC: I don’t have any prospects as of now but I plan on settling down around my 4th year, by my 5th year I need to be settled  down.

HC: What do you bring to a relationship?

HMC: I bring support and I’m somebody who can make my girl feel good and can help take her wherever she needs to go.

HC: What is a deal breaker and a must have in a relationship?

HMC: A deal breaker would have to be if a girl has anytype of history with my closest bros. If they have a past with someone I’m close to I see that clashing. A must have would have to be she would have to be able to give a good massage. (laughs) That is the key to a man’s heart.

HC: How are you celebrating your girls birthday if you had one?

HMC: So my out of college celebrations would be someplace that has clear waters or blue waters so maybe like Jamaica.

HC: What’s one thing that people don’t know about you?

HMC: One thing people don’t know about me is that I have like 4 mixtapes, me and K Smoove just made them for fun just rapping.

HC: What’s the most romantic thing you have ever done for a girl?

HMC: I did the whole on the beach walk into the rose petal hotel room thing, that happened during beach week.

HC: Why aren’t you currently in a relationship?

HMC: I think that a lot of girls might find me intimidating, I feel like a lot of girls think the nupes are automatic relationship scared or negative. On top of that I honestly don’t feel like I have found or met my girlfriend.

HC: If a girl said she wanted to talk to you because of this interview/ article, what would you do or say?

HMC: It depends on who but I try to get to know who they are.  

HC: What turns on you on or off most about dating?

HMC: My biggest turnoff about dating would be running your mouth about us, making our business everyone else’s. What’s known doesn’t always have to be spoken. A turn on would be a girl can make me laugh and have a really good smile.

HC: What do you think is your best feature?

HMC: Probably my style and personality, I make people laugh.

HC: How would you describe yourself in three words?

HMC: Nupey, Immaculate, and humble.

HC: Name a fetish?

HMC: I like upkeep on a woman, like done nails and hair. Just everything fleeky.

HC: What’s not your type?

HMC: A girl who likes to go out every weekend, that’s not my type at all.

HC: Any advice for the Hampton women?

HMC: A shot not taken is a shot missed. (smiles)

Ayo Sutherland is from Los Angeles California and she is currently a Sophomore Strategic Communications major, marketing minor at Hampton Univerisity. She enjoys doing water activities, loves listening to music, and spending time with family and friends. Her main goal is to become a publicist and be know as the Olivia Pope of the Rap and Hip Hop industry and to be the best leader and role model to everyone. Her motto is, "Always remember that you are a not a yellow Starburst your a PINK ONE!"