Hampton Man Crush: Charles “Chuck” B. Morris IV

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

This week’s Hampton Man Crush is Charles “Chuck” B. Morris IV, a Junior Marketing major, Psychology minor from Willingboro, New Jersey. As a member of the African Student Association, Recording Secretary for the North Pre Alumni Council, and Co-Director of Gentelligence Mentoring, this busy man is always running around campus. This week Her Campus had the pleasure to catch up with him. From dating, domestic violence, to Halloween read below to see what he had to say!

HC: With it being Domestic Violence Awareness Month, how do you feel about the current issues if any, on campus?

CM: Most of them [current issues] need to be brought to light. That is why the school is under investigation now. It’s our job as a campus to work together, people can’t make it on their own. With it being Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we need to advertise it more, then maybe others will feel inclined to report, talk and speak out about it.

HC: How would you describe your personality?

CM: Genuine and Humble. I’m very caring for other people and I’m 100% me at all times. I’m quiet until you get to know me. I’m an open book, if you ask me I tell you.

HC: We have noticed you have an eye for fashion, what influences your fashion style?

CM: Gentlemen’s Quarterly (GQ) definitely has an impact *laughs* but, asides from that my mom taught me style and color coordination from a young age. Lil Wayne is also one of my fashion influences, he is creative, he’s bold, he does not care what people think so when I was younger I looked up to that.  

HC: You were known for having these long beautiful dreads, what made you decide to cut your hair?

CM: There has been a lot of growth in my life. I have been a person of change and I’m creative. I wanted to do something different, I wanted a new look. I don’t like to stay stagnant.

HC: Are you single and looking to date? Also, do you have a type?

CM: That’s a great question, I would say the next person I date I want to potentially marry. But I’m open to meet people, while I wouldn’t say I am out searching for anyone, I’m not going to knock the next person that comes up to me. As far as a type, I like people who have a good heart that attracts me. Also, someone who can dress, and is well-kept, but overall someone that is genuine as long as you keep it real, that’s the only thing that matters in my eyes.

HC: If a girl was interested in you how should she approach you and what’s the first thing you notice?

CM: The first thing I notice on a female is her smile. As far as approaching me, just come nice and respectful. Like I said before I’m a genuine dude, I’m not scary to talk to I’m very polite. I’m open to having a conversation with anyone.

HC: Do you believe in the Hampton Women and how are they different from back home?

CM: Yes I do. I feel like there’s a different aura when the Hampton Woman walks into the room. From the way they carry themselves, they know what they bring to the table it’s like a higher standard.\

HC: Would you consider yourself romantic?

CM: Yes, I definitely still believe in chivalry and I like to make people feel special. I have a deep appreciation for women.

HC: Couples Halloween Costume Goals?

CM: A King and Queen, I’m Liberian so it’s always cool to get back to your roots and culture.

HC: Biggie or Tupac?

CM: Biggie, I’m from the North. That’s one of my favorite rappers.  

Well, there you have it, ladies! Be sure to follow this cutie on Instagram @chuck_morris4 and don’t be shy to stop, smile, and say hello one day!

Dazha is a junior Aviation Management major with a concentration in Air Traffic Control at Hampton University. A Maryland native, she enjoys the outdoors, cooking, and crafts projects. Upon graduation Dazha plans to commission into the United States military or go the civilian route and work as an Air Traffic Controller somewhere close to home.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.