Wellness > Sex + Relationships

A Guide To Finding Your Hampton Man/Woman (Virtual Edition)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

It’s fall season, which means cuffing season is here! Normally, we’d be on campus, making it somewhat easier to navigate cuffing season. However, virtually, it’s a bit harder to find your Hampton boo. COVID-19 has hindered the dating world, as it has been nearly impossible to go on adventurous outings and spend time with significant others. Virtually, it can be challenging, but not necessarily impossible. 

They Aren’t Going to Just Fall In Your Lap

Normally I’d say get out of your dorm and go out there to explore your options, but since we’re going on three months of remote learning that isn’t an option. Instead be active on social media, imessage, or even zoom. You never know who you might meet, whether it’s in a class group chat, zoom call, or virtual event. Don’t be afraid to DM someone on twitter or instagram; be bold. In my personal opinion, it’s easier to be bold remotely than on campus. If you need some inspiration check out the “How it started trend” on twitter. Start your fall roster of potential candidates now so that when we return to campus you’ll already know who to look for. 

Twitter Doesn’t Miss

Twitter is a great tool for meeting people because it bypasses the indulgent “About me”. Instead it’s just pure, unadulterated content. It’s just them and what they’re like day-to-day, so there’s comfort in knowing instantly whether you have similar senses of humor or interests. If you’re on Hampton twitter, don’t be afraid to interact with fellow Hamptonians. Broadcast your humor and energy and see what you attract. 

Know What You’re Looking For

It’s imperative that you are upfront about your dating expectations. Some people or maybe yourself, are simply looking for hook-ups or a COVID-fling. It’s smart to state what you’re looking for up front, and to check in if you have an inkling that your feelings (or your partner’s) are changing. Know what qualities you are looking for in a partner.

Kamiel Beckley

Hampton U '23

Kamiel Beckley is a biochemistry major and leadership studies minor from Louisville, Kentucky. She attends the illustrious Hampton University. Kamiel enjoys traveling and creating. Her goal is to pursue biomedical research while also maintaining her love for writing and art.