This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Hello Her Campus Readers! This week’s GOTW is Maya Pacheco-Smith, a sophomore Psychology major from New Jersey. On campus she serves as Miss Pre-Law for the Pre-Law Society, a member of Honors College, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc, Campus Curlz and lastly she is a member of the Greater Dawson Wilson Leadership Program. Read more to learn about the beautiful Maya!

HC: What made you choose Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc?

Maya: What made me choose Delta was seeing all the Delta women in my life and witnessing  the dedication to the work that they do around the world and for the community. It inspired me to be like them and want to emulate that type of woman.

HC: Do you feel since you have become Greek, that people have treated you differently?

Maya: Honestly, If they did I wouldn’t have noticed it because I act the same towards people, No one has acted different. I feel Because I act the same way towards people, people act the same way back towards me too.

HC: What is one thing that makes Maya unique?

Maya: I would say that I am very meticulous. I pay very close attention to detail, and I am very purposeful in everything I do. Everything I do is going to have a meaning and I am going to give it 110%.

HC: Are you in a relationship? If not, what do you look for in a man?

Maya: *laughs* No, I am not in a relationship. I am happy where I am, and I wouldn’t say I am looking either. Just seeing where life takes me!

Question: What are your summer plans?

Maya: This summer I am studying abroad in Beijing, China. I am studying at the Beginning Institute of Technology and I am going to be studying the Chinese Language and Culture.

HC: Describe your style.

Maya: I am very girly, and I like to wear dresses and skirts and heels. I am big on color coordinating. The better I look, the better I feel about myself and my day.

HC: What do you plan to do once you graduate Hampton?

Maya: I do plan to go to Law school. My dream law school would be NYU or Columbia. I just like the DC/ New York area overall.

HC: What is one thing you learned about yourself during your journey to Delta Land?

Maya: Something I learned from my sisters  is to be confident in myself and my abilities. I think “I would i ever doubt myself,”.  I am now more confident in myself and my sisters have given me that confidence.

HC: How do you feel about Hamptons “popping out” culture?

Maya: For me, I dress up either way. “Popping out” can be defined per person. Everybody should define “pop put” in their own way and with their own personality.

HC: What is one thing you add to Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc?

Maya: I think that I add versatility. I am not good at one thing, I am good at many different things. I am able to do what anybody ask of me, and I will always find a way to get anything done.

Her Campus Contributor Account 
creator.writer.blogger.journalist.sushi enthusiast. Victoria has been obsessed with writing since the days of journals and sneaking to read books under the covers. Her passion shows through each word that she carefully places into sentences, providing an experience that is nothing short of poetic and powerful. Read more of her work on her blog, quintessentiallyspeakingblog.wordpress.com