Greek of the Week: Casey Victoria Blowe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Meet Casey Victoria Blowe, a GRADUATING Senior, Kinesiology major from Hampton, VA. Casey is a member of the Student Recruitment Team and a Spring ‘16 initiate of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and she currently serves as the President of the Gamma Theta chapter.

HC: What made you interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sorority Inc.?

CB: Of course my mother. Growing up in Hampton I was at every Hampton Homecoming so seeing her and her line sisters bond, laugh, and grow together was definitely a major influence. I had 49 other aunts to look up to.

HC: What is the best thing about having line sisters?

CB: The best thing about having line sisters is that they will always be there for you. It’s nice to know that in 10 years at our reunion that we will have the same relationships we left off with.

HC: What has been your favorite/proudest moment thus far?

CB: Being able to serenade with my mom and her whole line for the first time was definitely a stand out moment. Also, when we got installed as president on the same day.

HC: How has your tenure as president been?

CB: Challenging but it has taught me a lot about myself as a leader and how to deal with other opinions, but overall I’d say it’s been rewarding.

HC: Do you feel that it is harder to be Greek?

CB: I wouldn’t say it’s harder to be Greek but I would say your actions carry more weight because people know who you are and you don’t just represent yourself but you represent an organization bigger than you on a national level.

HC: Who is Casey outside of being an AKA?

CB: Who is Casey? Casey is a someone who lives under a rock and goes to crossfit.

HC: How would you describe your dating life if any?

CB: *laughs* Right now I’m just doing me and getting this degree.

HC: What are your plans after graduation?

CB: I plan on going into the Coast Guard and getting picked up to be a pilot, go to flight school in Pensacola, Florida and fly planes for the rest of my life.  

HC: How do you feel about the role of Black Greek Letter Organizations (BGLO) in today’s society?

CB: I think they mean much more. Sometimes you may feel that you are alone. It plays a role in the sense that the relationships and bonds you have mean much more.

HC: Alphas, Kappas, Ques, Sigmas, or Iotas?

CB: Ques *laughs*

HC: What advice would you give to someone who wants to be in your position?

CB: I would say to just be yourself and I can not stress the importance of that enough. I am not the typical AKA and there is no person important enough to make you change yourself to be in an organization.

Be sure to follow Casey on Instagram: @casee__facee__!  

Dazha is a junior Aviation Management major with a concentration in Air Traffic Control at Hampton University. A Maryland native, she enjoys the outdoors, cooking, and crafts projects. Upon graduation Dazha plans to commission into the United States military or go the civilian route and work as an Air Traffic Controller somewhere close to home.
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.