This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

You’ve probably seen her on Instagram, her Youtube channel, or around campus. But one thing is for sure, Ayanna Bozeman always SLAYS. For that reason she was chosen as this year’s first Greek of the Week. Ayanna is a Spring 2016 initiate into the Ravishing Rho Alpha chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated. She’s extremely active in volunteering with the Red Cross, the Junior Executive council, and of course her sorority. Her Campus met up with this Finer Woman to learn more about her.

HC: What made you interested in Zeta Phi Beta, Sorority Inc.?

GOW: Honestly, I grew up around Zeta. My mom and my sister are both Zetas. But I just saw them very active around campus, it wasn’t just 12-2 and strolling. They were active and doing actual service for the community.

HC: What has been your favorite part about being greek so far?

GOW: I would definitely say that I love doing service, community service is my niche. But I also like strolling. And also just meeting new people, having a whole bunch of new sisters is always awesome so that’s good.

HC: How would you describe Greek Life on our Campus?

GOW: I go to an HBCU, clearly. And I’m not exactly sure how greek life is like on PWI campuses. but I feel like we are more of a family and we’re all one.

HC: What has been the biggest adjustment since you crossed?

GOW: I was involved before I was greek, but becoming greek made me more involved. You always have to watch what you are doing. I mean, I watched what I was doing before, but especially since you’re greek because everyone will recognize you as “Ayanna the Zeta”. They are going to associate me with Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated. Also, it’s just difficult to prioritize your time, with this comes a lot of meetings, comes a lot of service. It’s more than just the fun and strolling and 12- 2.

HC: What’s your favorite part about having sisters?

GOW: The connection. I definitely made a bond. I have all these sisters and to just have automatic friends and automatic sisters just right off bat is awesome.

HC: What is one stereotype about your sorority that you think is true and one that you think is not so true?

GOW: There are a lot of stereotypes or biases about my sorority. People think that Zetas are dark skinned, that we’re big. But honestly, I feel like here on this campus, the Zetas here are all good looking, we’re all pretty. So, I just feel like that’s not true. And then a true factor is that we really do have a true bond, and we really do give back to our community. That is very true.

Make Sure to follow Ayanna on Instagram @ayannaalexiss on Twitter @ayannabozeman and watch her youtube videos youtube.com/AyannaAlexis

Lauren Hendricks is a Junior, Journalism major at Hampton University. When she's not busy studying, serving as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Hampton U or staying involved on Hampton's campus, she can be found at a local Starbucks, mall or on her yoga mat. Lauren is enthusiastic about community service and telling stories. Check here for blog posts and updates.