Good Girls Season 3 Premiere: SPOILER ALERT

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

Good Girls Season 3 premiered Sunday night and HerCampus chapters across the country got an early preview of what our favorite crime boss moms had gotten themselves into. Let’s just say our good girls haven’t been so “good.” (spoiler ahead!!).

First off, RIO IS ALIVE!! At the end of season two everybody’s mouth dropped as Beth shot Rio in anguish when he tried to convince her to kill Agent Turner. But what she doesn’t know is that after she leaves, Agent Turner saves Rio’s life in exchange for using him as an informant. In the new season we see Rio howled up in a hotel- clearly very alive and still looking very fine. 

What’s almost crazier than Rio being alive? Beth helping out his ex and son. Out of guilt for obviously “killing” their breadwinner, Beth hangs out with Rio’s baby momma Rhea at the park and even offers to get her son on a soccer team. However, after hearing about Beth’s money problems, Rhea cuts Beth a check, insisting that her husband “sets them up.” And what is Beth to do but take the money? Another tick on her guilt box. 

Beth isn’t the only one going through money trouble. Stan has had to take a job as security for strippers, which like it would for any woman, drives Ruby crazy. They tell their kids he’s working security for the mayor- close enough right?

Annie is facing her own life crises, after realizing how tough it is for her to be alone. She tries to combat her own loneliness- at one point with her son’s singing toothbrush- but it’s clear Noah’s leaving has left her to question some of her male companionship choices.

In Rio’s absence, the moms agree to get back into the business, this time creating their own counterfeit bills. They’re even working together with the guy they tried to rob at the cash loan shop. At first they’re not having any luck, until Beth recruits her new boss Lucy- a skilled artist with a master’s in graphic design. She designs the money well enough to pass through real money machines and a hell of a lot better than Annie’s computer designs were doing.

Everything’s going well- until Agent Turner drops in at Beth’s job reminding her to “be good”. She gets spooked and has them burn all the money, what a shame.

The finale of the episode comes as Agent Turner and his team go to investigate what appears to be a storage unit that Rio has informed them about. The location is a bust, and just as Agent Turner throws his vest into the backseat, we see a black van approaching in the background (talk about bad timing!). The shot cuts away and when it comes back- Turner and the other agents are bleeding out on the ground. Rio, presumably behind the hit, leaves the hotel and exits into the city to take care of his unfinished business.

Everybody’s man crush is back and season 3 is bound to have some more surprises- and a higher body count. 

Kennedi Jackson is a senior journalism major, leadership studies minor from Atlanta, GA. She is one of the 2020-2021 associate editors for the HerCampus Hampton U chapter. Post-graduation, Kennedi hopes to work in an editorial position, communications department, or digital media.
I have the privilege to serve as Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus Hampton U Chapter a second year! I am a graduating Senior, Strategic Communications major, Marketing minor currently studying at the illustrious Hampton University. I am from Richmond, VA (shoutout to the 804!). In addition to classes, I run my own creative agency, Tiana Nichelle Marketing where I specialize in social media management, content creation, public relations, and branding. My love for the PR and Communications industry is the reason my ultimate goal is to become a celebrity publicist in the upcoming years! Her Campus Hampton U is an organization that is near and dear to me and I am so happy to be a leader of this ELITE chapter!