Gifts For Family Members You Don’t Really Like

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

You conquered one battle by not clapping back on your nosy aunt at Thanksgiving dinner, but the war is not over yet. Christmas is quickly approaching, and you still have to get her a gift. It’s only right – I mean she is family, biologically at least. Your mom calling you asking what you are going to get her isn’t going to go away until you get it done. To help you out here are 3 quick gift ideas all under 15 dollars for the family member you aren’t too fond of. This is an art of finesse, you don’t want to put a lot of effort in but you still want the gift to be respected.  Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, and once you get this off your shoulders everything will be right in the world.

1. A gift card to their favorite restaurant or store can come off very thoughtful. It was all of a ten minute trip and you chose the minimum amount to add to the card. So it’s a win- win situation.

1. Older people love hand written notes that you can simply buy from the store for about $5. You don’t have to make the letter extensive, just keep it short and sweet. They will be more excited that they receive a letter.

1. You can’t go wrong with a candle, everyone loves candles.

4. Smell Good Lotions/Perfumes is a great gift for a women because everyone wants to smell good. Don’t get Prada or Tom Ford, but a nice prep wrapped set from the mall is ideal. Bath and Body Works always has Christmas sells so it’s a inexpensive gift!

Finding gifts similar to these won’t take long at all they can be found everywhere. These gift will help you to have a low stress and a very merry christmas! May the odds of pleasing your snappy Aunt ever be in your favor.